Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 DHCP Issue

Ng Tian Sheng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have recently setup two Cisco WLC 5508 (HA) at customer premise, customer requested to use RADIUS as the user authentication, the setup is successful but anyhow, after authenticated and granted with IP address via their DHCP Server, user found the IP setting on his laptop, and he is asking why the DHCP Server IP is 1.1.1.1? Not the real DHCP Server IP. When he used wired connection, the DHCP Server IP he gets is the exact DHCP Server IP. He is asking me to change the DHCP Server IP to reflect the real DHCP IP instead of 1.1.1.1 in WLC. Is it possible?

Another request from my customer is he wants to assign a specific port number for the WLC HTTPS access.

The common web access is https://<WLC IP ADDRESS>

What he wants is https://<WLC IP ADDRESS>:9191

I couldn't find any configuration on port number in WLC, may I know is it possible to configure this?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't believe the port can be changed at all.  The reason you see the VIP address is because dhcp proxy is enabled. If you disable that, then you will see the dhcp server address. Dhcp proxy is required if you want to use the WLC as a dhcp server. Later WLC code allows you to set this per wlan. 

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott,

So meaning to say the port number cannot be changed at all?

I've never seen the port changed. On the 1.1.1.1 if you disable proxy on the wlc you will need to add helpers on the svi.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Yes that is correct... Can not be changed.

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Controller->Advanced->DHCP  
(Note: Setting the DHCP proxy via the GUI is not available in all versions)

dhcp-wlc-08.gif

Or via the CLI:

Config dhcp proxy enable
Save config
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card