cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR 9000 - V3.9.0 MIBs

msinno123
Level 1
Level 1

Is the version of MIBs at: ftp://ftp-sj.cisco.com/pub/mibs/supportlists/asr9000/asr9000-supportlist.html the latest versions? I have downloaded MIBs form Cisco's FTP site and the versions appear to be more recent than what is listed in this FTP site.  Does this mean the ASR9k supports the older version of the MIBs or is the FTP site just not updated?

6 Replies 6

xthuijs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The mib list you have there is what is specifically tested against the ASR9000.

It does not list some mibs that are supported though. The reason for that is the following.

Our SW development is separated in two parts, Platform dependant (PD) and platform independant software (PI).

The PD is what is specific to say the ASR9000. PI components such as OSPF or BGP have no relation to the hardware it is running on.

Therefore you may not see for instance the ISIS mib listed on the 9k list, but it is an XR supported MIB. Since the A9K doesn't do anything specific to this protocol, the ISIS mib is completely supported.

So rule is, mib list you have is supported either case and tested specifically. If not in the list but in the XR supported mib list AND the functionality has no hardware dependency THEN you can assume support also.

If it falls outside of these two, we can't claim support for it.

xander

sr Tech Lead ASR9000

CCIE

Hi Alexander,

Along with this discussion may I know how to enable ftp services in asr9k. In ios11.3  we can use "ftp-server enable" command for enabling the services. But this is not working in XR.  In XR is there any command required for enabling the ftp-server ?? Pls give me a response.

Currently there is no ftp server support in XR.

xander

How bout sftp? Almost sure it worked on 4.1, but certainly not working on 4.2.

Both client and server are supported for SFTP.

SFTP server was introduced in XR 3.3

You need the crypto pie for that.

There was a bug in 42,  CSCtx47909 that broke the sftp server. Fixed in 421 onwards.

thanks

xander

Yup, 4.2.0 for me. Didn't know about the bug. Thanks a lot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: