Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR 9922 backplane capacity?

What is the backplane capacity of ASR 9922?

BR

Thanveer

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Thanveer,

With the 9922 and 9912 we use separate fabric modules for the stage 2 of the fabric, instead of on the RSP as with the RSP440. Right now that being the SFC110 cards but there are plans to enhance this for future higher bandwidth cards.

These SFCs provide 2x55G links to each LC and right now we support a maximum of 5 SFCs which provides 550G per LC (2x5x55=550Gbps).

Using a fully populated 36x10GE requires a minimum of 4 fabric cards (2x4x55=440Gbps) and gives us 4+1 redundancy. Of course if you have lower density cards or are not using every port then you have greater redundancy for loss of a fabric card.

HTH,

Sam

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Thanveer,

With the 9922 and 9912 we use separate fabric modules for the stage 2 of the fabric, instead of on the RSP as with the RSP440. Right now that being the SFC110 cards but there are plans to enhance this for future higher bandwidth cards.

These SFCs provide 2x55G links to each LC and right now we support a maximum of 5 SFCs which provides 550G per LC (2x5x55=550Gbps).

Using a fully populated 36x10GE requires a minimum of 4 fabric cards (2x4x55=440Gbps) and gives us 4+1 redundancy. Of course if you have lower density cards or are not using every port then you have greater redundancy for loss of a fabric card.

HTH,

Sam

Thanks for the information Sam, 

It could be a great help if you can also provide me a link to go through.

BR

Thanveer

Hi Thanveer,

I apologize, I must have missed this update.

Unfortunately we do not have this externalized as far as I am aware.

I am going to work on a document regarding the 9922 fabric and hopefully be able to post that to cisco.com in the next few weeks.

Regards,

Sam

Thanks Sam

Dear Sam,

Please update when ever you have one.

Thanks

Thanveer

Hi Thanveer,

I am reviewing the document with a colleague before we have a tech writer review and publish. I would estimate seeing this out the first week of June.

Thanks,

Sam

Here you go.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/asr-9000-series-aggregation-services-routers/117718-technote-asr9000-00.html

Sam

Hello Sam,

Sorry to disturb you, after a long time, but unfortunately i am unable to view this document now, it is saying that this file is forbidden for my user credentials.

That's odd.

I just tested in a different browser where I am not logged in and it works, all tech notes should be viewable to anyone regardless of if they are logged in to cisco.com or not.

Sam

Thanks Sam,

Its working now

hi muhammad,

as an additional piece of info, download the cisco live presentation id 2003 form sanfran 2014. it has a nice section on fabric operation and the specifics of the 9922 chassis also that you may like.

cheers!

xander

Thanks Xander.

Thanks Friend....!!!!

Thanks Friend....!!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: