Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ASR facility alarm unable to remove

Hey guys,

I am receving this alarm in my ASR1006

XXXXXXX#sh facility-alarm status

System Totals  Critical: 1  Major: 0  Minor: 0

Source              Severity      Description [Index]

------              --------      -------------------

subslot 0/0                CRITICAL      Active Card Removed OIR Alarm [0]

Is there any way I can remove this Alarm, I dont want to reboot ASR and I already run clear facility-Alarm command.

Thanks in Advanced.

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Taimoor, I think you want to repost this question on the ASR1K or IOS-XE forum to get a potential better answer then what I can give you:

the clear command only resets the alarm outputs (the relais/OC ones) it doesnt actually clear the alarm conditiion.

you can only eliminate the alarm by resolving the actual alarm condition/error, which in this case is the subslot missing in LC slot 0.

regards

xander

Xander Thuijs CCIE #6775 Principal Engineer ASR9000, CRS, NCS6000 & IOS-XR

Thanks for reply Alexander, I am unable to find IOS-XE Tabs thats why I raised my question here, anyways my company dont want to insert the subslot again is there any command to remove the Alarms ?

Cisco Employee

hi taimoor, not a problem of course.

say for this issue, I havent looked at XE code for some time myself, so I dont know if they have fixed the issue like we did for XR. In that regard it may be best to open a TAC case and have the folks investigate that from an XE standpoint for you.

you can reference my name and our discussion here, so I can steer them in the right direction for code fix if this hasnt happened yet.

Or maybe there is a codefix already, and then you know where to migrate to.

In the absence of that, and no additional adapter possible, the only option I see is using the logging correlator to reduce/remove these messages from syslog.

But the alarm monitor will report this issue regardless however...

regards

xander

I have already opened cisco case and they want me to reboot the ASR in order to remove the Alarm. They also suggested to insert the blank slot but were not sure the issue will resolved or not.

Cisco Employee

Ah the standard reload remedy

yeah might help temporarily, but the next time the driver is polling the emty bay it will be right back.

this just needs a DDTS and a proper sw fix.

For your situation, you probably are going to have to accept the alarm as is today until a sw release with that fix comes out, reloading to that release makes more sense then.

regards

xander

Re: ASR facility alarm unable to remove

Thanks for help Alexander, I am going to reboot the ASR as we dont have any other remedy.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content