Helpful
Replies

ASR9001 SFP+ port 2 and port 3 disabled self

Dave Sh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Anybody met the same issues?

We have a ASR9001, when we test the SFP+ port, After several days running , the SFP+ port 2 and port3 disabled self.

The port is only disabled, but not err-disable.

We can use command "shutdown" and "no shutdown" to recovery these two ports.

The fault happened several times and we don't know how to solve it.

Anybody knows the reason?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi David,

If you are using ASR 9001-S then SFP+2 and SFP+3 are disabled by default. You can enable them with a License.

If you are using ASR 9001, then you are hitting the following bug: CSCug60558 - Fix for ASR9001 port flap issue

More details can be found at: https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCug60558

Thanks,

Michel.

View solution in original post

Agreed with Michel on the bug ID.

Make sure that the FPD pie is installed and activated before installing this SMU. Once the SMU is installed you will need to do an FPD upgrade.

HTH,

Sam

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Hi David,

If you are using ASR 9001-S then SFP+2 and SFP+3 are disabled by default. You can enable them with a License.

If you are using ASR 9001, then you are hitting the following bug: CSCug60558 - Fix for ASR9001 port flap issue

More details can be found at: https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCug60558

Thanks,

Michel.

Agreed with Michel on the bug ID.

Make sure that the FPD pie is installed and activated before installing this SMU. Once the SMU is installed you will need to do an FPD upgrade.

HTH,

Sam

I thought I would add this info below:

Cisco ASR 9001-S 120G Upgrade License Configuration

The Cisco ASR 9001-S Router is a 60 Gbps capacity router with a 40 GE maximum, pluggable ethernet port (MPA0) and two 10 GE fixed SFP+ ports (SFP+0 and SFP+1) enabled on it. The remaining ports MPA1, SFP+2, and SFP+3 are disabled by default. To enable these ports and thus achieve a full bandwidth of 120 Gbps, you need to install the Cisco ASR 9001-S 120G Upgrade License (A9K-9001-120G-LIC).

This document provides detailed information about configuring Cisco ASR 9001-S 120G Upgrade License on the Cisco ASR 9001-S Router.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/hardware/Prodlicense/b_asr-9001-s_licensing.html

I have also included the pdf document on this as I have noticed some broken links on posts.  

Cisco ASR 9001-S 120G Upgrade License Configuration Guide - Cisco.pdf

Thanks.

Dave Sh
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you all.

I will try to upgrade to the latest XOS.

Thanks

Hi Michel

We plan upgrade ASR 9001  from 4.3.1 to 5.1.1 soon.

In Bug search tool I found that fixed release are: 5.1.0.15i.BASE  and  4.3.2.27i.BASE.

Could you provide information about 5.1.1?

And what mean "fixed release" against this bug?

I can upgrade fpd from 1.17 to 1.18 or higher without any additional SMU after installtion "fixed relase"?

Best regards,

Olev

Hi Oleg,

Unless you really need feature/harware support on your ASR 9001dont just go to "5.1.x" yet.

Cisco currenlty recommends XR 4.3.4 as a Maintenance Deployment release.

Fixed release, means that either the software has the fix in its base code or that a SMU has been released to it.

In order to upgrade FPD, you MUST install and activate the FPD package that is specific to the version you plan to upgrade to at the time you are activating the mini pie, and dont forget to have "fpd auto-upgrade" configured in the admin mode in order to upgrade the FPD automatically and thus avoid an additional reload.

HTH,

Michel.

Hi Michel,

Yes I know about FPD upgrade procedure by my hands)

Just in 4.3.1 I should install mini-px, install fpd-pie and install SMU. And only after that I can upgrade FPD.

Question about 5.1.1 was in followin meaning - do I need some SMU for possibility to upgrade FPD from 1.17 to 1.18 or for such FPD upgrade mini-px and fpd-pie for 5.1.1 enough?

In 5.1.x we need 'default-originate' command in vpvn4 AF in neighbor-group and 'allow vpn default-originate' in BGP-vrf-AF ipv4 -mode for generating default route in vrfs from ASR 9001 to some other PE:

For example:

router bgp 100

neighbor-group VPNV4-DFLT

address-family vpnv4 unicast

default-originate

!

vrf RED

address-family ipv4 unicast

allow vpn default-originate

Regards,

Olev

Hi Olev,

FPGA2 revision 1.18 for ASR9001-LC is integrated into 4.3.2 and 5.1.0, SMUs are only for 4.2.3, 4.3.0, and 4.3.1

Thanks,

Sam

Hi Samuel,

Ok, thanks

May be know something about integrated FPGA revision 1.18 for ASR9001-LC into 5.1.1?

Regards,

Olev

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yep, 5.1.1 is built on 5.1.0 so it is already there. This is the same as 4.3.4 which was built off 4.3.2

HTH,

Sam

Its fine!

Thanks!

Regards,

Olev

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: