Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP Problems when activate 1-100GbE linecard

I have a CRS-8/S with version 4.0.1 installed.

I configured bgp multipath load-balacing and maximum-paths 6 EBGP.

I have 7 bgp peers, however due to the maximum-paths 6 EBGP, only six of them"work".

A few days, I installed the card 1-100GbE on CRS. At that time we started to have 8 bgp peers.

After installing this card, I got 5 links 10G and 100G works, in the context of BGP, however were the 10G with some installability.

Is it normal?

I can pass the idea?

4 Replies 4

Ivan Krimmel
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Luis,

the devil is in the details.

what have you meant to express by "however were the 10G with some installability" ?

Please do clarify with as much details as possible.

HTH,

Ivan.

Ok, sorry

When I put a new peer bgp up, I had five peers (belonging to 10G interfaces) to work together with this new peer (interface 100G)

However I noticed that there was some instability in the peers belonging to the interfaces of 10G. I can not understand why?

Is it because the machine is not managing well load-balacing between ports 10G and port 100G??

It is ok Luis,

how have you measured those instabilities? and the big question whether you have them at the time being or they have disappeared by themselves?

were there any peer flaps registered? any performance-related issues?

I could think of different BGP tables those peers have been announcing to your box, can you check and confirm the same please?

In general, there is no distinction be it 10GE or 100GE in terms of how well the load-balancing would work.

HTH,

Ivan.

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

The instability was seen by the customer.

However, tomorrow morning, I gone do tests with the customer, and then come back with news.

Tks

LT

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: