Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CRS. Bootflash defragmentation

Hi,

I have to do a bootflash defragmentation on CRS-3. I already have a procedure but I have a question about the FP-140 cards. As I could see the RP, MSC and FP40 have a bootflash, but I´m not sure if FP-140 has a bootflash.

I ask this because when I apply the show command to check fragmentation state in each FP140 card I get the following error:

0/0/CPU0        FP-140G              14-10GbE         IOS XR RUN      PWR,NSHUT,MON

RP/0/RP0/CPU0:CRS#show filesystem bootflash: filesys location 0/0/CPU0 | include Stale

Mon Oct  1 16:56:10.115 SCHILE

Unable to open file : No such file or directory

But when I apply the command to another type of card I can see the % of fragmentation:

0/2/CPU0        MSC                  8-10GbE          IOS XR RUN      PWR,NSHUT,MON

RP/0/RP0/CPU0:STGO-LACI-P1#show filesystem bootflash: filesys location 0/2/CPU0 | include Stale

Mon Oct  1 16:56:29.454 SCHILE

Stale     :    25896652 Bytes   41%

I hope that somebody could help me.

Thanks,

Jaime.

2 Replies 2

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jaime,

Every SP node has a bootflash.

I would recommend using the show filesystem bootflash: all location 0/0/CPU0 command from admin mode in order to see all the information

Regards,

Sam

Nicolas Fevrier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jaime, Sam,

no more SP in the CRS-3 line cards (FP140...), all the environmental monitoring is done by an embedded board now.

The bootflash has been replaced by a eUSB of 4GB in the card (lcdisk0: and lcdisk0a:). You don't need to defrag it.

Cheers,

N.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: