Views
Helpful
Replies

CRS-X/16 - Dolly

Pedro Morais
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I will have to install a CRS-X/16 in the near future and I need to understand if the "Dolly" (CRS-16-LIFT/B) from a CRS-3/16 is suitable for the CRS-X/16.

Thanks.

Regards,

Pedro

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Pedro,

We only have two lifts, one for the legacy chassis, and then the one you mention which is specific to the type B chassis and was introduced for CRS-3. So short answer is yes that one will work since CRS-X still uses the type-B chassis for 400Gbps, the legacy chassis with CRS-X would give you 200Gbps.

Thanks,

Sam

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Pedro,

We only have two lifts, one for the legacy chassis, and then the one you mention which is specific to the type B chassis and was introduced for CRS-3. So short answer is yes that one will work since CRS-X still uses the type-B chassis for 400Gbps, the legacy chassis with CRS-X would give you 200Gbps.

Thanks,

Sam

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your prompt reply. 

Another question, how can I know if the chassis is type-B or not? I have some CRSs in remote locations, and would like to know if they are upgradable to CRS-X or not.

Thanks.

Regards,

PM

If you issue 'admin show inventory chassis' the PID for the LCC would be CRS-16-LCC-B, both can be upgraded to CRS-X just with reduced BW on the legacy chassis.

If you have more questions on CRS-X feel free to email me as there are some other requirements for the migration.

Thanks,

Sam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: