cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

do IOS XR - ASR9000 support egress queuing QoS configuration.

rocko2006
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am working on an ASR9000, and it seems it does not support egress queuing QoS. Can anyone confirm this pls?... it seems weird to me tha IOS XR dos no support this function.

The configuration i want to make in the ASR900 is something like this in IOS:

wrr-queue bandwidth percent 0 0 10 12 25 50 3
 wrr-queue queue-limit 0 0 10 12 25 50 3
 wrr-queue random-detect min-threshold 3 70 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

wrr-queue random-detect max-threshold 3 100 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

wrr-queue random-detect 4
 wrr-queue cos-map 3 1 0
 mls qos trust cos

this is the main documentation i have been using for QoS.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k_r5-2/qos/configuration/guide/b_qos_cg52xasr/b_qos_cg52xasr_chapter_010.html

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

xthuijs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The a9k lc's all support egress Q'ing on all ports, depending on the LC version TR/SE you have a number of queues to use.

the wrr-queue config is an ios old method, that the a9k doesnt do, so we need to convert this into a config with a MDRR queue and apply wred on it.

how? check the supportforum article on asr9000 quality of service architecture and potentially if you like more detail check cisco live 2013 from orlando AND 20124 sanfran ID 2904.

cheers!

xander

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

xthuijs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The a9k lc's all support egress Q'ing on all ports, depending on the LC version TR/SE you have a number of queues to use.

the wrr-queue config is an ios old method, that the a9k doesnt do, so we need to convert this into a config with a MDRR queue and apply wred on it.

how? check the supportforum article on asr9000 quality of service architecture and potentially if you like more detail check cisco live 2013 from orlando AND 20124 sanfran ID 2904.

cheers!

xander

Thanks for the info xthuijs.

I had no idea about cisco live on demand video, so cool by the way. I will check the videos you suggest an let you all know if the configs work.

regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: