Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS UPGRADE

I have the following Devices and I'm looking forward to upgrade the current IOS's to new ones,

Device                 Current IOS image                                                                 Recommended IOS Version

Cisco 7609           c7600s72033-advipservicesk9-mz.122-33.SRC3.bin       c7600s72033-advipservices-mz.152-1.S1.bin

Cisco 3845           c3845-advipservicesk9-mz.124-22.YB6.bin                       c3845-advipservicesk9-mz.150-1.M8.bin

Cisco  3750           c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-55.SE.bin                            c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-55.SE5.bin

Cisco 2811           c2800nm-ipbase-mz.150-1.M4.bin                                  c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.150-1.M8.bin

Can you help me on make decisions and recommendations on which IOS to choose from and why????

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you help me on make decisions and recommendations on which IOS to choose from and why????

I will NOT give you a recommendation.  Why?

1.  I don't know your network; and

2.  I don't want to be responsible for any issues in the future after you run the new IOS.

Read through each of the Release Notes of the version you choose and make the decision from there. 

Ok Thanx Leolalohoo

1. Can you help me with the latest IOS version of the above devices, just the latest IOS versions please?

Can you help me with the latest IOS version of the above devices, just the latest IOS versions please?

Sorry, this question is a tad bit "iffy".  What do you mean by this?

Do you have a valid Cisco Service Contract to download IOS from the Cisco website?

Ok yesterday I was panicking,

I wana learn more about upgrading an IOS, not just only looking for Flash and DRAM memory before I choose the IOS.

• •1.       What else can I look for before I choose the IOS?
  • •2.       What’s the difference between M, T, etc.… ?
    • •a.       c3845-advipservicesk9-mz.12.4-24.T1
    • •b.      c3845-advipservicesk9-mz.15.0-1.M6
    • •3.       I thought the latest IOS comes with better and more functionality I can use, like just upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7 as long as my Machine supports that.

I tried to download the IOS, but it seems like I don’t have Cisco Service Contract to download IOS from the Cisco website.

Ok yesterday I was panicking,

I wana learn more about upgrading an IOS, not just only looking for Flash and DRAM memory before I choose the IOS.

1.       What else can I look for before I choose the IOS?

2.       What’s the difference between M, T, etc.… ?

a.       c3845-advipservicesk9-mz.12.4-24.T1

b.      c3845-advipservicesk9-mz.15.0-1.M6

3.       I thought the latest IOS comes with better and more functionality I can use, like just upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7 as long as my Machine supports that.

I tried to download the IOS, but it seems like I don’t have Cisco Service Contract to download IOS from the Cisco website.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: