Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IOSXR upgrade, PIE? SMU?

Hi 

I would like ask one question.

If I use mini.pie & option.pie to do a full upgrade, for example from 5.1.0 to 5.1.2.

After upgrading, should I also install SMUs which file name have "CSC"(bug fix)?

or the full upgrade have included all bug-fix patch inside already?

Thanks,

Tom

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Tom, You can upgrade from any

Tom,

You can upgrade from any to any release including the SMUs(a SMU is actually a PIE), it just has a fix, vs additional feature code (which is what a pie is).. But, it's the same stuff from an install and pking pov.

So in summary you can upgrade from 5.1.0 to 5.1.2 pies + SMU or SP, you don't need to do a two-step install which is often a wrong miss perception and causes double reload and complains... and its not really needed.

PS: while talking about SMUs and SPs. please see the following link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12199816/smu-manager-v2-aka-csmv2-and-service-packs-sp

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Tom, You can upgrade from any

Tom,

You can upgrade from any to any release including the SMUs(a SMU is actually a PIE), it just has a fix, vs additional feature code (which is what a pie is).. But, it's the same stuff from an install and pking pov.

So in summary you can upgrade from 5.1.0 to 5.1.2 pies + SMU or SP, you don't need to do a two-step install which is often a wrong miss perception and causes double reload and complains... and its not really needed.

PS: while talking about SMUs and SPs. please see the following link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12199816/smu-manager-v2-aka-csmv2-and-service-packs-sp

Views
Helpful
Replies