Views
Helpful
Replies

IPSEC site-to-site VPN on ASR 9001

Jordi Benet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

does the new versions of IOS-XR on ASR 9001 support IPSEC site-to-site VPN for partner tunnels?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

J

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

xthuijs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jordi,

We are getting ipsec support with the "help"of the VSM (virtual services module).

this module carries as bunch of cpu's on top of which applications can be loaded. eg CGN, coming soon IPSEC and DPI also.

This module requires a slot. The asr9001 doesnt have slots so it can't carry the VSM, for which you need a 9904/9006/9010/9922.

There was talks about a crypto MPA too, I need to check in on that and will report back if there are plans for it.

regards

xander

View solution in original post

Hi Jordi,

Got some additional information:

XR 5.2.0 will provide the IPSEC support with the VSM.

There are currently no plans for an MPA for the ASR9001.

regards

xander

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Duplicate posts.  

Go here:  http://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12207711/ipsec-site-site-vpn-transparent-more

Hi Leo,

here I ask if the ASR9001 can do IPSEC tunnel and in the other post I ask if the ASA FW can do IPSEC tunnel in transparent mode. I don't agree is the same question... one is a router the other one is firewall...

thanks.

J

xthuijs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jordi,

We are getting ipsec support with the "help"of the VSM (virtual services module).

this module carries as bunch of cpu's on top of which applications can be loaded. eg CGN, coming soon IPSEC and DPI also.

This module requires a slot. The asr9001 doesnt have slots so it can't carry the VSM, for which you need a 9904/9006/9010/9922.

There was talks about a crypto MPA too, I need to check in on that and will report back if there are plans for it.

regards

xander

Thanks a lot Xander for the info.

Regards,

J

Hi Jordi,

Got some additional information:

XR 5.2.0 will provide the IPSEC support with the VSM.

There are currently no plans for an MPA for the ASR9001.

regards

xander

Thanks a lot Xander,

I will use IPSEC on the FW then.

Thanks.

Regards,

J

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: