Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

[Multicast][RSP-720-3CXL-GE] Question about Multicast working logic

Dear on duty

I have some Multicast working logic qeustion as a below

1, if there have information below list in a “show mls cef maxium-route”

• When I checked the show ip mroute information that is have incoming interface and outgoing interface list created, if there increse the incoming list that is affected maxium-route informaiton or not , even not increase the morute information just increase the incoming list information in a mroute table, Also Even just increase the interface list such as outgoing interface list, there will be spending memory sector that is used mroute informaiton or decrase the morute entry quantity in a maxium-route table by increase the memory usage ( outging interface list increase issue) so we just want to make sure affected existing mroute informaiton
  • If there not affected mroute informaiton according above situation, Please tell me which component control and saved the interface list, and how to checked it via show command ?

2, In C7609-S system have two different join boundary one is IGMP join area and other one is PIM join area,  I have some question how to affected mroute information increase or decrease with comment situation

• Is there affected Maxium-route entry information or not when create table about IGMP join, if there affected issue Please tell me which componet control and saved the information, how to checked it via show command ?
  • If there have control and saved the IGMP or PIM join information by differently, we want to know what is the maxium entry quantity for IGMP, PIM information or tell me default value

I have above question, I just want to know Mroute information taken affected by which list ( interface list, Igmp join etc)

• XR OS and Platforms
Everyone's tags (1)
Views
Helpful
Replies