Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow on ASR9K - Exporter map is disabled

robyn.byrne
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to get Netflow working on an ASR9K but the Exporter Map is constantly "Disabled", I understand that the exporter map will remain disabled if a source interface is not specified or if the source cannot contact the Netflow collector. I am missing something. I can see that the ASR is collecting stats from the cache.

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:ASR9K-01# sh flow exporter NF-Exporter location 0/0/CPU0

Mon Jun 11 21:28:40.407 IST

Flow Exporter: NF-Exporter

Flow Exporter memory usage: 3280868

Used by flow monitors: NF-IPv4-Monitor

Transport   UDP

Destination 192.168.xxx.xxxx (2055)      VRF OAM            

Source      192.168.123.123 (1618)

flow monitor-map NF-IPv4-Monitor

record ipv4

exporter NF-Exporter

sampler-map NF-Sampler

random 1 out-of 1000

I can confirm that I can ping the Collector from the exporter map source interface ip address. The Netflow collector is gathering netflow from

other sources and is listening on UDP 2055 for v9.

I am running A9K-AIP-LIC-B license on linecard with netflow running.

Ver 4.1.1 IOS-XR

Any help is appreciated.

Rob

4 Replies 4

Alexei Kiritchenko
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Rob,

Here are few things to verify:

1. Destination 192.168.xxx.xxxx should be reachable via a Line Card interface (not management).

2.  There is an issue with exporter if a route to 192.168.xxx.xxxx would be recursive:  “CSCtr62137   netflow exporter is disabled with BGP recursive route to exporter”. Fixed since 4.1.2.

Regards,

Alex.

Hey Alex,

Thanks for that, I have looked into the bug id CSCtr62137 but can only see the SMU explicitly available for CRS's and not ASR's, maybe it is rolled up into a Tarball, I will check.

Thanks Again

Rob

You are correct, there is no SMU for ASR9k. You can open a TAC service request for a SMU request. But normally that is a lengthy process and there is no guarantee we get it. It may be faster and simpler to upgrade the ASR9k.

Regards,

/A

Thanks again, I have logged a case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: