cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF IP FRR with LFA

bjberginz
Level 1
Level 1

The documentation on how to configured FRR under OSPF for IOS-XR (4.3) just shows to confiure this line under an interface in the ospf->area portion of the config:

fast-reroute per-link { enable | disable }

First off, enable and disable don't appear as options.  Secondly, this is pretty much the extent of the documentation, no discussion of per-prefix or remote lfas, though those commands appear to be present.  And I'm not sure how significant this is, but when a do a feature navigator for 'OSPF IPv4 Remote Loop Free Alternate IP Fast-reroute (Remote LFA IPFRR), I don't even see IOS-XR listed, only IOS and IOS XE...so what exactly can XR do with OSPF FRR, and is there any detailed documentation on how to configure it?

2 Replies 2

xthuijs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi there,

I also notice that the config guide could use some extra detail there, so let me provide you some pictures and detail from our training guides.

XR supports LFA on ASR9K for v4 since 401 and for v6 since 430.

Let me see if I can find more detail for oyu in case this below is not really what you're looking for, let me know.

regards

xander

Thanks for the reply xander, but most of the slides are for ISIS, not OSPF.  And the the few OSPF slides don't show anything more than what is in the documentation I was able to find.  If you can find more detailed documentation, let me know.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: