Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

'qos_ea' detected the 'fatal' condition 'Hw programming car entry failed'

Hi Expert,

I cannot commit qos policy under bundle ethernet interface and got error message  'qos_ea' detected the 'fatal' condition 'Hw programming car entry failed'. Could it be bug CSCts66753. I use CRS1/ 4.0.1 Thanks

5 REPLIES

'qos_ea' detected the 'fatal' condition 'Hw programming car entr

Hi Rojer,

though you have pointed out a good match, please keep in mind that MSC supports up to 16 Gbps policing per line card - so if you have a bundle with multiple 10 GE ports, you could potentially arrive at this situation, which will then generate the error message and not apply the policy.

HTH,

Ivan.

Hi Ivan,

If I configured bundle 4x10GE ports into bundle interface, the port member came from different line card slot so should i able to apply qos to bundle interface? (qos police bandwidth 40Gbps)

Hi Rojer,

thanks for the question, indeed, having bundle members splitted across different MSC's would be a solution if you want to achieve more than 16Gbps policing rate.

Cheers!

Ivan.

Hi Ivan,

Regarding MSC supports up to 16 Gbps policing per line card. Can i have document for reference?

Hi Rojer,

I checked the CCO and it looks like this information is not mentioned over there indeed. I will check around to see if we can have it posted on CCO as well.

HTH,

Ivan.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content