There's a mobile version of our website.
I have an issue according to how to design ip adressing for my customer. This is the actual ip addressing :
- Server in paris : 172.16.1.XXX
- Server in ST-Ouen : 172.16.64.XXX
- WEB Server in Aubervilliers : 172.16.200.XXX
- Network device : 172.16.100.XXX
- Team : 172.16.5.XXX
- DHCP : 172.16.3.XXX - 172.16.4.XXX - 172.16.6.XXX - 172.16.7.XXX - 172.16.8.XXX - 172.16.9.XXX.
The client doesn't want to change ip adressing of server in two sites. And i want to know the best practices to design new ip segmentation with the requirements of the clients.
Thanks for your help
The segmentation is easy - all servers can keep their current IP addresses - but you have to ask more specific questions of the cutsomer:-
1) how many servers per site
2) how many users per site
3) Are the servers & users in different vlans's/ip subnets
4) Do you have specific mgnt IP addresses for network management per site
5) Do you have specific team ip addresses for servers per site
You could easly subnet - using the above as an indication:-
Paris - 172.16.0.0/22 - 1000 IP avail
St Ouen - 172.16.64.0/22 - 1000 IP avail
Auvervillers - 172.16.200.0/22 - 1000 IP avail
leaving plenty of room for expansion and new sites if nessary.
Login to share your discussion activity with your friends on Facebook. You can control what you share and turn off sharing anytime.
Your Facebook friends can now see that you have started this discussion
Your Facebook friends can now see that you have commented on this discussion
Your Facebook friends can now see that you have read this discussion