Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX8 enable e-mail handling in CAD

mlundbom1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In a test/demo-setup (VMware), I'm attempting to configure the email-enabled CSQs. No matter what I've tried, I've not managed to get the E-Mail ready button within CAD to light up - it just stays greyed out. I have confirmed in the mailbox that the message have been correctly moved from Inbox to the numerical subfolder, there are new mails available. Also tried to send new mails once CAD is open, but without any success.

What can cause that these buttons stays disabled?

/M

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That email tab is supposed to include a Java applet which apparently failed to load. The CAD installer would have installed the necessary JRE so the question is why it didn't launch. Perhaps try reloading the client and watching for Java security warnings asking permission to launch the applet. After that I'd try a reinstall of CAD.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the user you're logged in as assigned a skill which is a member of the email CSQs?

If you click on the Email tab of CAD, does it load or throw an error at you?

Hi Jonathan,

Yes, if I pull a report from the e-mail CSQ it does include the agent.

For the email tab, actually neither :-)

No errors, but it is just white/blank...... Any ideas on this?

Best regards,

/M

That email tab is supposed to include a Java applet which apparently failed to load. The CAD installer would have installed the necessary JRE so the question is why it didn't launch. Perhaps try reloading the client and watching for Java security warnings asking permission to launch the applet. After that I'd try a reinstall of CAD.

Hi again,

Hm! Interesting information... I'll look into that and will try on another PC/OSversion as well...

There are no more warning besides the bug that complains about the certificate.

/M

Hi

Most commonly the Emails Icons are grayed out if there is a CAD version mismatch (JAVa issue) or the SMTP/IMAP vitual serveres in exchnage are not accepting any more connections.

Please confirm if CAD is on the correct version (as jonathan sugggested this should install necessary JRE) and make sure the connection setting for IMAP/SMTP in exchange are set to unlimited.

8.0(1) - CAD version  8.0.1.86

8.0(2) - CAD version  8.0.2.9

8.0(2) Su1 - version  8.0.2.200

Hope this helps

anuj

...and indeed a Java-error... :)

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-2" java.lang.InternalError: couldn't create component peer
at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.checkCreation(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.windows.WCanvasPeer.(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.windows.WPanelPeer.(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.windows.WWindowPeer.(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.windows.WFramePeer.(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.windows.WEmbeddedFramePeer.(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.windows.WToolkit.createEmbeddedFrame(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.windows.WEmbeddedFrame.addNotify(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.main.client.PluginEmbeddedFrame.addNotify(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.windows.WEmbeddedFrame.(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.main.client.PluginEmbeddedFrame.(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.main.client.PluginMain$StartAppletRunner.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Will validate the javaversion and/or try another client combination and get back..

/M

Hi,

Attempted to install on a clean WinXPSP3, CAD requested me to download the correct JRE. Disregarding from a few application crashes after that, the e-mail part worked! The machine were it failed was Win7 that had a newer JRE installed.....

However, test/demo complete!

Thanks for your help,

/M

Saeed Syed
Level 1
Level 1

I am experiencing a same issue. Where email button are greyed out but work intermittently. But would not get any emails. I will reinstall it and see what happens? See the attach file.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: