There's a mobile version of our website.
I'm having a few problems with a couple of these routers since BT have upgraded the local exchanges. Disconnects, drop-outs, taking ages to sync etc.
There are a few threads here:
and lots of references to this on the net:
"ADSL firmware release 4.0.18 is the recommended firmware release to use on CPEs connecting to BT's network for ADSL2/2+ service. It should only be used to resolve ADSL2/2+ interop issues while connecting to the BT network. This release solves issues described in the following DDTS: CSCta54059, CSCta54040, and CSCtb31105."
There are also a couple of other claims on the net hinting at the existence of a 'request only' 126.96.36.199 firmware.
However, I cannot for the life of me find this 188.8.131.52 firmware - the latest available to me is 184.108.40.206 (which we are using)
Can anyone provide a link to this firmware?
My current support contrat is for ASA, and I have put a 877 on it, but it will take a day or two to go through - and I really need to get this sorted out quite urgently.
Even if your contract is not updated yet, try opening a case with the TAC anyway and explain the situation.
They have a reputation to not leave any customer grounded.
Hi Paolo. I did try that, unfortunately they could not be of further asistance without a contract. Hopefully my agreement should go through early next week.
I'm pretty sure 4.0.18 has been pulled for some reason as it disappeared from the download area some time ago.
As suggested above, raise a case with TAC if you can. They supplied me with an internal firmware build (9.0.140) which helped with some stability issues I was having with BT and 4.0.18.
Thanks for the reply. It seems a bit odd that they acknowledge these issues, but have pulled the firmware that is supposed to correct it. It's the kind of thing you shouldn't really have to expect when dealing with the worlds biggest router manufacturer & the UK's largest ISP.
Has your new firmware been stable?
The reliability of this connection deteriorated whenever BT migrated the local exchange to ADSL2+ late last year. 4.0.18 helped over the older firmware which had been running but it still wasn't as good as it had been pre-ADSL2+. I therefore raised a TAC case and as part of the investigation into this they gave me the internal firmware.
I actually think one of the things that has helped stability has been forcing the connection to itu-dmt instead of ADSL2+. The line in question is not capable of the faster download speeds of ADSL2+ in any case as it's a fair distance from the exchange.
Login to share your discussion activity with your friends on Facebook. You can control what you share and turn off sharing anytime.
Your Facebook friends can now see that you have started this discussion
Your Facebook friends can now see that you have commented on this discussion
Your Facebook friends can now see that you have read this discussion