Views
Helpful
Replies

off-channel scanning

Nigrofasciatum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I want to minimize the time in which the APs remain off-channel scanning rogues and interferences, in order to improve performance.

Currently the parameter "Scan Defer Time (msecs)" I have it set to 100. What is the optimal value? Since this parameter is modified on each WLAN, can I leave it enabled on only one of them, considering I have 3 SSIDs configured on all the APs?

1 Reply 1

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

explanation is here : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.0/configuration/guide/c70rrm.html#wp1320230

This is only to defer off-channel scanning if a QoS frame was received. So it defers it for all SSIDs (AP is using the same radio for all SSIDs) but it only defers it for the msec given in that WLAN config when a QoS frame is received in that WLAN you configured.

Apart from a very-demanding QoS environment, you shouldn't need to postpone offchannel scanning too much.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card