Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect for Android and Symbian?

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know when we may expect for release anyconnect for android and symbian?

I heard some gossip that cisco will announce it in the start of summer.

Regards,

4 Replies 4

Herbert Baerten
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

the version for Symbian is available for download here .

A version for Android, I cannot comment on yet, sorry. You may want to contact your local Cisco sales office for more information.

Herbert

Hello

You can find Anyconnect for Android on Android Martket, searching "anyconnect" (not Cisco or something like that). The problem is that is quite tricky, needs root access, at least.

About Symbian, only supports the newer symbian code Anna, that is only avalaible for newer phones like C7, N8, and by now, at least, not in Spain. You can download from Cisco Web.

Rate if helps.

Good luck

Hi,

How do I download the Symbian version? As It asks for a support contract.

The reason I'm trying to download this is My company uses Cisco Anyconnect vpn, and has provided a desktop client for to connect for the computers.

I want to connect my phone (Nokia N8) to my company's network during travels.

Unfortunately there is no support for my phone (symbian in general) by my company's IT team.

I'm not sure of the reason for lack of support, is it because my company requires seperate license for symbian clients?

Please clarify.

Also I have seen few Android phones successfully connect with my company's network even though the support team does not support the phone model (Samsung Galaxy Ace).

Please help me in this case.

Thanks,

Vishwanath S K.

Patrick Tran
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

AnyConnect on Android depends on smartphone model.

I tested "AnyConnect for Samsung" with Android 2.3.3 on Galaxy S.

It works fine even if authentication with certificate is more complex than on iOS

I heard that Cisco is developping generic AnyConnect for Android. It is complex because Cisco is depending on Google!

Patrick