Views
Helpful
Replies

RV 120W: Simple Bug in Time Settings

ch.egg
Level 1
Level 1

Hello CISCO,

if you bring your new firmware, please verify the small bug in 'Time Settings': If you choose CET (GMT +1h) AND enable 'daylights saving time' the time goes back 6 hours instead of forward 1 hour.

Firmware of RV120W: 1.0.1.3

Additionally, I'm waiting too for the problem described in https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2047272. I'm surprised that CISCO needs such a long time to solve such an issue... I thought I bought the new router from a leading network provider.

Best regards

Christian

4 Replies 4

Klopfer01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Christian,

I just installed the new version 1.0.2.6, but the problem with the DST still exists.

They introduced the start and end dates for the DST, but at my RV120 it seems that the dates are not saved. And the time ist still at CST instead of Europe...

I also thought that I buy a device from a leading company, but the Linksys line seems to be the "does not matter" line now. You are even not able to open a ticket.

Best regards

Christian

Hi, I also have the 1.0.2.6 release and have exactly the same problem , the router does not keep the time settings...however it was working Ok on the previous version (Don't know what was it) , this problem started after I upgraded to 1.0.2.6 , as I had some time based firewall rules ,now they does not work properly. I hope Cisco support release a fix for this soon.

jeremybodokh
Level 1
Level 1

Is there chance that this issue will be fixed someday ? everytime you restart the router, the date reset a 01/01/2000 00:00 and never sync to time server unless you change the time server for example from A to B, apply and then it will use the correct time from time server,

I bought a Cisco product to be sure to get a good and working product and I have a router that crash all the time, is slow to respond, and is never working properly !

BUMP

Same issue with time. Whether set to Standard NTP, Custom NTP by DNS, or Custom NTP by IP address the router will simply not get the correct time. Set by PC works, but after restarting it goes back to default of

01/01/2000 00:00.

Also, for ours (5) setting the DST settings does not work. After setting the dates and hitting apply, they simply roll back to Jan/01, Jan/01.

On that; PLEASE update all the routers to do DST not by a hardcoded month/date ... DST falls on Sundays guys! It changes every year. Setting DST by the [1,2,3,4,5]th Sunday in [J,F,M,A,M,J,J,A,S,O,N,D] is the more appropriate selection criteria.