Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC 8.5 Deskphone Control Not Working

jriacono5
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I'm having a problem getting desk phone control working with CUPC 8.5.1. I am using CUPS 8.5.3.

The error I am seeing in the logs is:

2011-07-11 16:52:31,719 ERROR [ 1] [Cisco.Uc.Clients.Common.WpfServicesClient.ServicesClient] [Class.Method(0)] - Error Type:DeviceAdaptorInitializationFailed Code:DeviceProviderConnectFailure Details:(ExceptionMessage-Could not connect to Device Provider,) Cause:Cisco.Uc.Clients.Common.ServiceAdaptors.Exceptions.DeviceAdaptorException: DeviceAdaptor.Initialize - Fault Exception [ClientID = CcClient-1] ---> System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Cisco.Uc.Clients.Common.ServiceAdaptors.ServiceClients.DeviceService.Error]: Could not connect to Device Provider (Fault Detail is equal to Cisco.Uc.Clients.Common.ServiceAdaptors.ServiceClients.DeviceService.Error).

There are no firewalls in between the phones and CUCM/CUPS. I can ping CUCM from the CUPC pc.  I am using 3268 as the LDAP port and have restarted the CTI service.

I turned on detailed logging and attached the .zip.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

James

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

solivarr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In CUPS 8.X, you must configure and assign the CCMCIP Profile to the user for device discovery in addition to ensuring CTI control and rights are enabled on the device and under the user configuration page. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marcel Ammann
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

do the users have CTI (cti enabled) rights on the phones? Is the user associated with the users line?

[Cisco.Uc.Clients.Common.ServiceAdaptors.ServiceClients.DeviceService.Error]: Could not connect to Device Provider (Fault Detail is equal to Cisco.Uc.Clients.Common.ServiceAdaptors.ServiceClients.DeviceService.Error).

Kind regards,

Marcel Ammann

P.S.: Rate helpful posts.

I just figured it out and it was more or less having to do with solivarr's post... I had the CCMCIP profile set but for the server certificate verification, I did not set it to "Any Certificate". I changed it to that and it worked! Thanks guys!

solivarr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In CUPS 8.X, you must configure and assign the CCMCIP Profile to the user for device discovery in addition to ensuring CTI control and rights are enabled on the device and under the user configuration page. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: