cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Apache Tomcat error on common services (Device Update)

pinakers123
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed lms 3.2 on server 2008 , and when I click on device update in software center I recieve an error

which I inserted down here ;

I have to mention that I also have installed Common services patch .

please some one help me this out .

which IApache Error.png

8 Replies 8

Gaganjeet Chug
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Joe,

Was it working before. Kindly share what version of Windows 2008  i.e R2 ?

Also kindly share the stdout.log and stderr.log from the location CSCOpx\MDC\tomcat\logs

Kindly also share the screenshot of the services windows showing CiscoWorks services.

Many Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Dear Gaganjeet;

Thank you very much for your respond , for answering your question I have to say that no it did not work a all , althogh I have installed the patch for Common Services .

My detail information are as follows;

-- I am using Windows 2008 Version 6.0 SP 1 .

-- and I have attached the stdout.log & stderr.log & a screeenshot of my services including CiscoWorks

Hi Joe,

The logs files are old i.e they are for 24th Aug, kindly reproduce the issue and get the latest logs. Dont capture the logs with extension .old. The actual files should be exactly like stdout.log and stderr.log. Clear the contents of these logs and then reproduce the issue.

ManyThanks,

Gaganjeet

Hi Gaganjeet,

I have done all you said to me , and I attached those files . thank you

Hi Joe,

Kindly share the psu.log also from the location CSCOpx\log. Also, is this problem started after upgrading or installing any device packages ?

Many Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Hi,

Kindly check if you have CSCtj20850-0.info at location CSCOpx\setup\patch

Try this workaround too as it look like rme map files got corrupted :-

Navigate to -->

CSCOpx/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/xms/psu/maps

Backup these two files (rme*.map) at another location and finally delete them from this location. You need to stop the daemon manager to be able to delete this files with the command net stop crmdmgtd.

Now, run the following command two command, rememer they are one line command :-

1>

set NMSROOT=%CWMIBDIR%\..\..\..

2>

%NMSROOT%\lib\jre\bin\java -classpath %NMSROOT%\lib\jre\lib;%NMSROOT%\lib\classpath;%NMSROOT%\objects\log4j\1.1.3\log4j.jar;%NMSROOT%\MDC\tomcat\shared\lib\MICE.jar;%NMSROOT%\MDC\tomcat\shared\lib\NATIVE.jar;%NMSROOT%\MDC\tomcat\shared\lib\jdom.jar;%NMSROOT%\www\classpath;%NMSROOT%\lib\classpath\servlet.jar;%NMSROOT%\MDC\tomcat\webapps\cwhp\WEB-INF\classes com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.packagemgmt.map.CreateMaps %NMSROOT%\www\classpath\com\cisco\nm\xms\psu\pkgs\rme

The above workaround should generate the rme*.map files again and then it should work fine.

Now, start the daemon manager and wait for 20 minutes before logging back to CiscoWorks.

Note :- Its important to backup (rme*.map) before deleting them.

Many Thanks,

Gaganjeet Singh

Dear

Gaganjeet

I have attched psu.log , and I have to  mention that I have done all you have said to me about 2 line commands  but I after executing the line number 2 I have recieved  :

log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category (com.cisco.nm.xms.psu.packagemgmt.map.CreateMaps).

log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly.

thank you indeed,

I am waiting for your kind respond ASAP

Hi Joe,

Kindoy try to see if the issue is fixed after all the services are up and running. Those errors are cosmetic so we need not to worry about them.

Many Thanks,

Gaganjeet