cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV0xx Version 3 VPN Dropped idle connection.

SOZAI1111
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

We got a connection problem of RV042 Version 3.

We have many Version 2 RV0xx device for our VPN network connection. all connection good.

but after changed to Version 3 RV0xx. got many drop connection report.

like telnet, ssh, some idle DB connecion dropped.(Ping test no packet loss, only idle connection dropped.)

Test 1.

I had setup a VPN between 2 RV042 V3.0 (by cross cable connect WAN port .)

The idle telnet process over the vpn half hour dropped.

but ping remote host IP over the vpn no packet loss.

Test 2.

I tried to disable firewall SPI function. after that all connection fine.

But we have many RV042 V1 or V2 and the SPI function are all enabled. but no any report connection dropped.

Is it the Bug of RV042 V3?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe,

There is a hidden configuration page where the TCP (and UDP) timeout value can be changed. Unforutantely, I can't tell you where this is as Cisco say it can only be changed by their engineers. If you contact Cisco support and shout at them, they should arrange to connect and reconfigure your routers. IMHO, it is very, very stupid of Cisco, and I do not even begin to understand their thinking on this, but that is the case.

They changed ours and we have had no disconnects since.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

SOZAI1111
Level 1
Level 1

Any soulution of this?

thx

Please consider calling the Small Business Support Center to create a case. There might be beta firmware available that can help address the issue.

Joe,

We had the same issue. Cisco can fix this if you have the firmware at 4.1.1.01. However, they say that the fix invalidates the warranty if you do it yourself, so you need to contact support to have an engineer do it. I know this seems dumb, but this is what Cisco say.

Essentially there is a time out of 30 minutes of inactivity on TCP sessions and it seems to drop idle telnet sessions after 30 minutes. The fix extends this to a much longer period.

Hum!?

I had update the latest firmware 4.1.1.01 released on 24/Jan.

Do the sames testing as above.still got the idle connection dropped .

Joe,

There is a hidden configuration page where the TCP (and UDP) timeout value can be changed. Unforutantely, I can't tell you where this is as Cisco say it can only be changed by their engineers. If you contact Cisco support and shout at them, they should arrange to connect and reconfigure your routers. IMHO, it is very, very stupid of Cisco, and I do not even begin to understand their thinking on this, but that is the case.

They changed ours and we have had no disconnects since.

Joe,

If you already have the latest firmware version, please contact SBSC (contacts are available here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html ) and get a case opened. The engineers there will be able to help you with this issue.

Regards,

Radostina

Cisco Engineer has did the same thing at my devices.

Idle connection no dropped anymore.

Im waiting their reply about this feature will fix at next firmware or not.

Next version fw will fix it !!

Hello!

We have the same problem with RV082 V03, firmware v4.2.1.02

How can we get the fix of this problem?