cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ex90 Bluetooth

justinalexander
Level 1
Level 1

Can I hook up a bluetooth headset to my EX 90??

What kind would I need?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

10 Replies 10

vivsing2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Justin,

Unfortunately, this feature is not available in EX90.

You can use normal 3.5mm audio jack to connect any headset.

Regards,

Vivek

Hi Justin,

Just to add Viveks reply,

in case you have a direct bluetooth head set which gets paired with the main unit, that cannot be used ,

however in case you have a blutooth headset with a Dongle for its connectivity with any device (with 3.5mm jack)

you can use that with this unit.

Regards,

Ravi

OK thanks!

Would I be able to get a USB Bluetooth headset and would that work through the USB on the EX90?

Hi Justin,

as per Admin guide of EX90, Bluetooth connection is not possible. It can be used in future.

Unfortunately its not available

Regards,

vivek

Hi, the EX90 has a 3.5mm mic jack, and a separate 3.5mm headset jack. Can i connect a bluetooth dongle that uses a single (mic and speaker) jack, or the 3.5mm mic and speaker jacks need to be separate?

You'll probably notice that the combined jack has a 4-pole connector on it, rather than the standard 3-pole connector used for the indivdual mic/headset jacks.

You will need to use an adaptor such as this one: https://www.jaycar.com.au/3-5mm-4p-skt-2x3-5mm-plug-lead-250mm/p/WA7022

Since TC6.1.0 (in 2013 - and therefore what it wasn't mentioned previously in this old 2012 thread that was dug up), you have been able to natively pair the EX90 directly with an EX90, so you shouldn't need to use the adaptor if you don't want to. 

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Justin,

As Vivek mentioned that as of now a direct bluethooth pairing is not possible on  Ex90,

what i am giving you is a workaround in case you are willing to use a bluthooth headset till the time its a feature on the device

what i am refering is a device which is used in a not bluetooth enable devices and still you can be connected on a blutooth range

ex.

Plantronics Pulsar 590A Bluetooth  headset

apart from this one you have few other available in market , but you may need to search.

if you have any such kind of blutooth headset which have a separated Bluetooth  transmitter then yes you can use it

and infact can use any of the bluethooth availble , if the bluetooth supports as that will be now the bluetooth device dependent.

else the answer is no , you cannot use a bluetooth as of now.

A usb dongle will not work as of now.

hope this explains well, and answered your query.

Regards,

Ravi

Javed.Bundhoo_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would much grateful if you could help me on this.

I have bought an EX60 codec.

The part is being held at the customs, since they are asking for a type approval for the bluetooth module in the EX60. However, as per above post, there are no bluetooth module in the device.

I have seen documentation from Cisco saying that the module is integrated and can be activated though the touch panel. See below link on page 62.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ex-series/te6/administration_guide/ex-series_administrator_guide_te60.pdf

Am lost and i do not know if the model i have purchased has the bluetooth module incorporated? Could this be found from the license number of the device?

Thanks

Javed

Thanks

J

Hi Javed,

I am not sure why you  there is a specific question on the bluetooth however the EX60 does have an integrated bluetooth chip inside (do not have much technical details )

EX-Series supports Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR.bluetooth option can be enabled on EX60 with the recent version  after  TC 6.1.0 relased.

So its not model based however it was in every model the latest release lets you to use it.

Bluetooth headset support –EX  series only

The Bluetooth version 2.1 headset profile is supported.  Bluetooth 3.0 is not supported. The following

functions are included: answer, volume up, volume down and hang up. A Bluetooth headset icon

appears inthe audio selector on the Touch controller when a headset is paired with the video system.

Only one headset can be paired at a time

refer to release notes and data sheet.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/tc6/release_notes/tc_software_release_notes_tc6.pdf

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps11303/ps11308/ps11327/data_sheet_c78-627494.html

let me know if this helps ,

Thanks

Ravi kr.

Hello Ravi,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, the local authority is looking for the type approval for the bluetooth module. From cisco website, there is no type approval for the bluetooth module.

If the bluetooth module is present, i would need the type approval. Do you think you can help with this one?

Thanks

Javed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: