There's a mobile version of our website.
After doing a firmware upgrade for a 7942 from SCCP42.9-2-1S to SCCP42.9-2-3S.
Im getting a Mismatched Load:
I already reset the tftp and the phones..
I need to know why CUCM reports a firmware mismatch for the updated phones?
We upgraded our CUCM from 7.1.3 to 8.5 SU3 and have a lot of these on 7961's, 7962, 6921's.
In CUCM go to Device, phones and locate a phone with a mismatch. Then click on that phone which will bring you to the phone config page, find "
These are 7961's but the same issue.
Hope this helps,
I had over 700. But now I have it down to 20! This is what I did...
1. I looked for MAC's that have (mostly) the same beginning from the mismatch report & sorted by MAC. Copy MAC to notepad because you will need those MAC's later to remove phone load (beleive me). Not fun trying to remember MAC's.
2. Then I go to CUCM
a. Bulk Admin, Phones, Update Phones, Query (opens a page)
b. I put the first part of the MAC & [Find], that will give you more phones then you need but it beats putting them in one at a time.
c. You can widdle the amount of phones down if the phones are all in the same "Pool or Calling Search Space"
3. Click "NEXT"
4. Fill in "Reset" circle, check box "Phone Load Name", put phone load in space, then "Submit".
5. All phone selected in step 2 will reset, and the new load will start loading.
6. Phones already up to date will just restart but phones that need to upgrade will upgrade & that takes 10 minutes or so.
7. After phones are done upgrading you will need to remove the phone load if not they will not upgrade next time because that have that phone load in them.... SO this is how you BULK remove the phone load you just BULK'ed in...
8. Repeat step 2 & 3... yes do that BUT....
9. Leave the phone load BLANK & just Restart not Reset. This will remove the phone load without removing them individually.
10. FYI - if you "Peer Firmware Sharing*" check that box & enable aslo. May help in the future.
Let me know if you any issues.
Excellent tips here my friend! (+5 ) Thanks for this great /detailed answer.
You could probably leverage the "BAT with override existing" as detailed below
From Bill Bell @ CNC - ucguerrilla
Login to share your discussion activity with your friends on Facebook. You can control what you share and turn off sharing anytime.
Your Facebook friends can now see that you have started this discussion
Your Facebook friends can now see that you have commented on this discussion
Your Facebook friends can now see that you have read this discussion