There's a mobile version of our website.
We are facing a one way audio problem using Cisco 6961 over a VPN tunnel.
Not NAT is used. The ipphones on the remote site can't hear the users from the HQ where the CUCM is deployed.
The stange thing is is working fine when we use IP Communicator softphone instead of the hard ip phones.
Both (CIPC and 6961) are in the same subnet .
Any idea is welcome.
Thank you in advance
I would look into getting Wireshark captures of each side of the conversation during an CIPC call and then for a 6961. Look for any differences between the captures.
I believe you are having two vlans for voice and data. Your desk phones are in voice vlan. CIPC will use data vlan.
If this is correct, then below are some points:
1. Make sure that your voice VLAN subnet is part of your VPN interesting traffic.
2. From your desk phone's default gateway (which is probably a router) initiate a ping to any remote phone. Use the source interface as your phone's default gateway. For example:
ping ##remote phone IP### source ###Phone's default gateway###
- Try to ping your 6961 phones from your gateway route.
- I am assuming that both sites are registered to same cucm. What codec is configured.
- Trust point relay is enabled or disabled on phones.
Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App
-Ping is sucessful from the HQ to the 6961(remote site).
-Both sites are registered to the same cucm .For test, same region , device pool codec is configured for both sites.
-No trust point relay is configured .
Login to share your discussion activity with your friends on Facebook. You can control what you share and turn off sharing anytime.
Your Facebook friends can now see that you have started this discussion
Your Facebook friends can now see that you have commented on this discussion
Your Facebook friends can now see that you have read this discussion