Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Telepresence ISDN Link with SX20

nuno.lamelas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I will implement a Cisco Telepresence ISDN Link with SX20.

The Scenario will be:

4 BRI Euro ISDN

IP infrastruture with static IP

NO VCS

It will be possible to dial IP and ISDN video Calls.

The isdn admin guide does not contemplates this scenario, and I can not find documentation to help me with this scenario.

Can someone help me how should I configure the endpoint and the ISDN link to work with my scenario?

Thanks in advance.

35 Replies 35

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

TelePresence ISDN Link is extend network adapter for C-series Endpoint allow to initiate/receive call to/from ISDN/NET network.

TelePresence ISDN Link is not designed to be “Gateway” for sharing multiple devices or non-C-series Endpoint.

If you are looking for ISDN “Gateway” solution for your infrastructure product (or on multiple Endpoints), you will need TelePresence ISDN Gateway.

Marius Nedregaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nu00no.

You will still be able to place SIP and H323 calls.

In the current TC release ( 5.1.5 ) you would have to dail through the ISDN link in order to make ISDN calls.

In the upcoming version TC 6 you will be able to chose if you would like to call ISDN, H323 or SIP

All ISDN calls have to call ISDN numbers with a appropirate PBX / GW on the other side to terminate the call. You will be able to call both ENDPOINTS ( video ) and voice with your SX20.

Thanks

//Marius

Hi Marius and Tomonori,

Thanks for your reply.

My question is how to configure Telepresnce ISDN link and SX20 to work with my specific scenario?

My scenario is:

1 SX20

1 Telepresence ISDN Link

4 BRI Euro ISDN

I have to:

Connect the SX20 to the Wan

Link the SX20 to Telepresence ISDN Link

Connect the 4 BRI Euro ISDN to the Telepresence ISDN Link

Configure SX20 and Telepresence ISDN Link to work with IP or ISDN calls, and is with this point that I have my doubts.

The Telepresence ISDN Link Administrator Guide doc, does not contemplates this scenario, and I didn´t find documentation to help me with this.

The closest example scenario that i found was "combining ISDN and IP", but i don´t have in my infrastructure any VCS to work as SIP registrar.

Can you help me with the xconfiguration needed to be implemented in SX20 and Telepresence ISDN Link in order to work with my scenario?

Thanks

Hi.

1) SX20 need to be connected directly with ISDN link box.

2) You will not be able to call external IPs over ISDN. It is not a data gateway.

3) You can call all local WAN ips from the SX20 if the isdn link is connected to the system.

You will connect it like this WAN - (CAT)-> ISDN  link box -(CAT)> SX20

SX 20 and ISDN link box both get IPs from your WAN site - ISDN link box works like a switch.

Default config that you can use:

Endpoint configuration - Use the Remote Control or Touch panel to configure.

• IP Assignment = Static or DHCP Reserved

• IP Address = 192.168.1.100

• Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.0

• Set Default Call Protocol = SIP

• Set Default Call Rate: (bandwidth of your isdn )

ISDN Link configuration - Use RS-232 to configure.

• xConfiguration Network 1 Assignment: Static (Set Static IP, or use DHCP reserved)

• xConfiguration Network 1 IPv4 Address: “192.168.1.101” (Set the IP address of the ISDN Link)

• xConfiguration Network 1 IPv4 SubnetMask: “255.255.255.0” (Set the subnet mask of the ISDN)

• xConfiguration Gateway SIP PeerUri : “192.168.1.100” (Set the IP address for the Endpoint)

• xConfiguration Gateway SIP PeerHost: “192.168.1.100” (Again IP address of Endpoint – will only accept calls from this IP

xConfiguration H320 NetType: BRI

xConfiguration ISDN BRI SwitchType: Euro

xConfiguration ISDN BRI Interface 1 Mode: On

xConfiguration ISDN BRI Interface 1 DirectoryNumber 1 Number: "8001" (Enter your BRI numbers)

xConfiguration ISDN BRI Interface 1 DirectoryNumber 2 Number: "8001"

xConfiguration ISDN BRI Interface 2 Mode: On

…… Etc etc for all other BRI lines….

To Dial ISDN

192.168.1.101;x-h320number=XXXX (Where XXXX is the ISDN number you wish to call)

To dail IP endpoint

H323:

Thanks

//Marius

Hi Marius,

Thanks for your reply. I will try the xconfiguration that you kindly provided.

I will feedback the result.

Thank you very much.

Hi Nuno,

I have exactly same setup.

Configuration also done as given . But i m not able to dial out , incoming calls are coming to me .

Is that set working fine you.

Pls suggest

Rishu

Please remember that when you call, you have to use the WHOLE string every time you dail:

192.168.1.101;x-h320number=XXXX

This is simplified in TC 6.0 and 1.1.0 version of the link, but as per now you need the whole string.

//Marius

Hi Marius,

The xconfig that you provided worked perfectly.

Thanks again for your help.

Hi Rishu,

Like i said to Marius, the xconfig worked fine with me and should work with you too. I suggest that you test your BRI with an ISDN test equipment or with an ISDN phone and make sure that is not a problem with your BRI provider.

Dear Sir/Madam,

i am also facing the same issue, i cant able to make a outgoing call, but incoming is okay...

so please assist me to resolve the issue...

Thanks

Debabrata

albertus1982
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

I have the same scenario, 1 SX20, 1 ISDN link and 3 BRI isdn lines.

I have done the configuration as mentioned but when I try to dial out, it says the codec is not paired with ISDN link. Do I need to paire the SX20 and ISDN link? I have tried to force in Peripherals>manage isdn link>search for devices, it says no devices detected.

Can somebody please assist me?

Thank you in advance guys.

Albert

The ISDN Link should paired first with the codec. Before pairing make sure your device are on correct version, codec on TC 6.0 or above and ISDN Link on 1.1.0 version. If the version are not correct you will not be able to pair it.

For Paring the ISDN Link, take the web access of the SX20 go to configuration - pheripherals -Manage ISDN Link- click on pairing.

Once the pairing is done, you can do the configuration of the ISDN link through the codec web page. If the below config is done on the ISDN link then you should able to perform the test calls.

Endpoint

• IP Assignment = Static or DHCP Reserved

• IP Address = 192.168.1.100

• Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.0

• Set Default Call Protocol = SIP

• Set Default Call Rate: (bandwidth of your isdn )

ISDN Link configuration - Use RS-232 to configure.

• xConfiguration Network 1 Assignment: Static (Set Static IP, or use DHCP reserved)

• xConfiguration Network 1 IPv4 Address: “192.168.1.101” (Set the IP address of the ISDN Link)

• xConfiguration Network 1 IPv4 SubnetMask: “255.255.255.0” (Set the subnet mask of the ISDN)

• xConfiguration Gateway SIP PeerUri : “192.168.1.100” (Set the IP address for the Endpoint)

• xConfiguration Gateway SIP PeerHost: “192.168.1.100” (Again IP address of Endpoint – will only accept calls from this IP

xConfiguration H320 NetType: BRI

Hi Tabish,

Thanks for your response. I managed to pair my SX20 and ISDN link. My problem right now is, when I dial out it says "call has disconnected" but when I dial in, I can receive the call.

Is there any configurations that I need to do?

Please help me with this.

Thanks!

Albert

Is it a PRI or BRI ? there are different configurations for the PRI and BRI if you refer the admin guide of ISDN Link. Please follow the same and take help from the service provider also because sometime similar kind of issue reported if you have BRI terminated on the device.

Hi Tabish,

I am using the BRI (4 ISDN lines). I have reported it to Cisco TAC already but still not successful.

Thank you.

Albert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: