Views
Helpful
Replies

Using UDC port on ONS 15454 M6

shalmanov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Two pc/router is connected to udc ports (both left side on 15454 M6 and pcs/routers have ip addr in same subnet). The 10g link is up between nodes.

I'm using straight cables. But pcs cannot ping each other.

What i need to do else to resolve the issue?

And how can i check udc ports are failed or not?

ps: both nodes dont have any alarm.

Thank you in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

chris-hart
Level 1
Level 1

I assume you are using TNC cards, you also need to provision an OSC before you can create the UDC.

I'm not exactly sure how you have set this up but have a look at DLP-G606 in the following link and it may help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/optical/15000r9_2/dwdm/procedure/guide/454d92_installcontrolcards.html#wp236261

Hope this helps

Chris

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

chris-hart
Level 1
Level 1

I assume you are using TNC cards, you also need to provision an OSC before you can create the UDC.

I'm not exactly sure how you have set this up but have a look at DLP-G606 in the following link and it may help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/optical/15000r9_2/dwdm/procedure/guide/454d92_installcontrolcards.html#wp236261

Hope this helps

Chris

Hi Chris,

I got same issue, but still check if we have ring topology does the UDC Port will provide connection to all nodes in the ring?

So if we have one PC in each node and all PC that connected to UDC Port are in same subnet, will in provide connectivity to all PC?

Please help.

Cheers,

Ingot

UDC is terminating with OSC, so it's just point to point, also left UDC port will talk only to left.

so to answer your question, it will not provide connectivity to all PCs.

i'm pasting one reply of mine, please let me know if it helps.

Here is some basic info,

So every ECU (External connection Unit) has two UDC ports,

UDC port on left side is related to TNC at slot-1,

UDC port on right side is related to TNC at slot-8.

To provision this you have to double click on TNC card at node view, go to Provisioning – UDC/VOIP – select UDC – apply.

So UDC uses payload of STM-1/OC3.

STM1/OC3 is used in MSTP system for OSC (Optical Supervisory Channel), only DCC bytes are used for OSC, here we are using payload for UDC.

So if you have UDC provisioned, and you connect your laptop on UDC LAN port at Node-A and connect you other laptop on UDC port at node-B you are able to ping both of your laptops J

You will get a BW of 100Mbps.

But remember UDC left port should talk with UDC left port at other end.

also here is link for more information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/optical/hardware/15454install/guide/hig_15454M6.html#wp791345

Hi Sunil,

Ok thanks for the explanation. I remember that I asked you via email, but I tested on the network and it didn't work. Right now I understand why the test didn't work. Because I tried between non direct node. I will try for the direct node tomorow and let you know the result.

Can we do patch/jumper from UDC left to UDC right directly in order to pass connection between two nodes that have a node in between?

The case:

(A) ------ (B) ------ (C).

we want point to point connection between Node A and Node C and we do jumper in Node B.

Is this possible?

-Ingot-

yeah very much possible :-)

this is how everyone doing, i saw a customer doing this over 1000Km :-)

Hi Sunil,

Thanks again for the information.

Will check tomorrow.

Cheers,

-ingot-

ok

Hi Sunil,

I tested yesterday but didn't work.

Any idea how to troubleshoot?

Is the connection for UDC port must be left to left at both side or it can be right to left depends on which SMR that OSC terminated?

Hi Ingot,

We need to check if UDC is provisioned on TNC or not.

UDC ports on ECU are related to TNC, left UDC port is for TNC at Slot-1 and right UDC port is for TNC at slot-8.

so suppose at node-A,

slot-1 TNC-------slot-2 SMR card.

at node -B

slot-8 TNC --------slot-7 SMR card.

so in this above case, at node-A you will plug in on left UDC port and at node-B you will plug into right UDC port.

so depends on which TNC OSC is terminating.

so its very simple, first UDC have to be provisioned on TNC via CTC.

than connect cables properly and ensure OSC is up with no errors or unwanted alarms.

check type of cables also, i think it will be straight, but not sure.

Hi Sunil,

It works.

Seem my colleagues were wrongly set the IP Address.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

-Ingot-

kool :-)

Hi

can one UDC port configured to both SFP in the same TNC card (as point to multipoint). so we can transmit UDC traffic to west and east??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: