Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8961 SIP Video Calls

lombysolutions
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was recommended to buy the Cisco 8961 unified IP phone to use as a video receiving phone to accept video calls from a 2N IP Helios Door Phone (with a camera). I am provisioning this phone via a TFTP server (xml config file attached). The problem is that when a call initiates from the door phone or from the Cisco Phone, audio works but I cannot see or get the phone to realize it's a video call.

Does this phone actually support video? If yes, could someone please help me configure the phone to accept/initiate a video call?

Attached is a trace of a SIP invite packet from the Cisco Phone to the 2N door phone and it seems that the initiated call is just an Audio call.

How do I enable video calling in the config of the phone and how to I set the preferred codec to H264?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards,

Tonio

4 Replies 4

Nick Ciesinski
Level 4
Level 4

The 8961 phone does not support video. The 99XX, 8941, and 8945 phones do. The only video the 8961 supports is CAST mode where you connect a camera to your desktop and use a client like Jabber to show the video, like the 79XX phones do.

Nick Ciesinski

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

carlosalmonte
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tonio,

Did you ever get this resolved?  I have the same scenario: 2N Helios IP and Cisco 8961 phone, with CallManager 7.1.5

Thanks,

Carlos

Hello Tonio,

I have an environment with CUCM 9.1 and both 9971 and 8961 phones. I tested 2N Helios IP Vario with camera.

As already mentioned by Nick, it works only with the 9971 phone. I could not make it work with 8961 phones.

Adarsh Chauhan
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I am not sure how much it would help you now, but would certainly help people who come across

this post.

Please refer to the following bug which clearly states that 8961 does not support

usb camera or video on its LCD.

Bug:CSCtx28984

Regards,

Adarsh Chauhan

Please rate and mark correct if helpful
Regards,
Adarsh Chauhan
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: