cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5 replace system prompts with user prompts not working.

dagraham
Level 1
Level 1

I am running UCCX System version: 8.5.1.11002-22 with the language en_US installed. I am trying to replace the system generated prompts for a telephone number to be the localized voice talent.

1. I have enabled the System > System Parameters > User Prompts override System Prompts  is set to enabled.

2. I created the following prompt directory /gen/number/ and /gen/telephone.

3. I uploaded prompts (recorded by UCCX) to both of these directories.

4. Very simple script, accept, get calling number, generate prompt, play prompt, terminate call, end.

5. The generated prompt is always using the default installed system prompts and not playing the user uploaded prompts.

Is a restart of the UCCX engine required for this change to take place?

Thanks

Danny

8 Replies 8

Hi troyputnam,

It's not necessary a restart. Which folder do you upload the prompt, en_US? If you upload the prompt at a different folder, you will need to specify for every prompt to not look at the default Prompt Folder.

Regards

Please rate all useful posts
Favor calificar todos las respuestas Ćŗtiles.

Thanks for the input leosalcie. I created the folders under the user language en_US/gen/number and en_US/gen/telephone. When using the generate prompt step, you can't tell the system where to look for the prompts that I am aware of. It uses the system language prompts for the type of prompt that you are trying to generate.

That is why we have the Use user prompts override setting.

Thanks

Chakshu Piplani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can check this post might be helpful to you :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2080962

Thanks Chaksu, I have already been through that post as well. It did not provide a solution.

Hi Dagraham,

I just tried to check this in my lab.

Created a folder in en_US as ICD and then uploaded a prompt "ICDWelcome.wav"

The path is like en_US\ICD\ICDWelcome.wav

After this i checked and used default script icd.aef and the new prompt uploaded by me is working, without engine restart.

I guess you just need to be 100% correct in the paths and use the same filenames as in the system to over ride the existing ones.

Let me know if you are able to do the same.

Chakshu

Under prompt management en_US, i have created a gen folder. Under the gen folder I created a number folder and a phone folder. I uploaded 0.wav - 9.wav. I can play these prompts without any issues with a play prompt step. I am using the step Generate Prompt for playing the calling number back to the caller. I want this to be in our voice not the system prompts.

Thanks

Danny

Hi Danny,

I created the same scenario, created en_US\gen\phone and created a prompt 5.wav

Used my prompt recording script to create a prompt 5555 and it re announced the prompt i want to work with using my 5.wav audio placed in the above path.

Its definately not using the number folder as i had created it earlier with same prompt and then checked by deleting 5.wav from both of the folders one by one.

You can try refreshing the prompts as per this defect:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCud08036

May be we need TAC assistance, also we can try to restart engine in your case.

Thanks Chakshu for pursing this.

I just found my issue. I am running UCCX in an HA cluster. I made the change to the System > System Parameters on the Primary Node, but it wasn't the master. The System > System Parameters doesn't replicate the change to the secondary node. So after making the change on the secondary node it is working now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: