mitra dray
Level 1
Level 1

Hi !

need your help

i cant find the technical differences between  2232TM and 2232TM-E

only this :

N2K-C2232TM

Cisco Nexus 2232TM Series 10GBASE-T Fabric Extender, 2PS, 1 Fan Module, 32x1/10GBase-T + 8x10GE Module (req SFP+), choice of airflow and power supply

N2K-C2232TM-E

Cisco Nexus 2232TM-E Series 10GBASE-T Fabric Extender, 2PS, 1 Fan Module, 32x1/10GBase-T + 8x10GE Module (req SFP+), choice of airflow and power supply

why should i pick either ?

Thanks for the help which would be much appriciated

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Mitra,

The main differences is the Ethernet PHY used in the 2232TM-E. As per the Product Bulletin:

with the same underlying architecture and the latest generation of the 10GBASE-T physical layer device (PHY), enabling lower power consumption and an improved bit-error rate (BER)

So basically you have lower power consumption and the option to run FCoE.

Regards

View solution in original post

same issue with 2232TM-E and 2232TM-10GE...anyone know difference in those...can't find anywhere

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Mitra,

The main differences is the Ethernet PHY used in the 2232TM-E. As per the Product Bulletin:

with the same underlying architecture and the latest generation of the 10GBASE-T physical layer device (PHY), enabling lower power consumption and an improved bit-error rate (BER)

So basically you have lower power consumption and the option to run FCoE.

Regards

Thanks !

i think we have a winner so the 2232TM-E is FCOE supporting plus a low PW conmsumption and BER !

Thanks !!

same issue with 2232TM-E and 2232TM-10GE...anyone know difference in those...can't find anywhere

Thanks

2232 TM-E support FCOE but 2232TM not .
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: