cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

captive portal url referring to an old domain name

Luisa Lavano
Level 1
Level 1

in a pilot, during initial ISE installation setup, I've configured a local domain. after installation, I've then modified it in order to use a corporate domain name resolved by corporate DNS server, but even if  the console accepts the new domain and the ISE GUI shows the correct new FQDN, I have problem with captive portal page resolution because the redirect-url automatically created by the ISE for the CWA still carry the name of the ISE with the old domain used in the initial setup, so creating a problem in resolving the url.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only reason that I can think of, the cert presented to the client is still consist the old FQDN. As we have changed the domain name, you need to generate a new certificate and install it on the ISE so that the CN should match the new FQDN.

Jatin Katyal
- Do rate helpful posts -

~Jatin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only reason that I can think of, the cert presented to the client is still consist the old FQDN. As we have changed the domain name, you need to generate a new certificate and install it on the ISE so that the CN should match the new FQDN.

Jatin Katyal
- Do rate helpful posts -

~Jatin

I will try and let you know.  thanks a lot

Thank you Jatin, I've created a new certificate and now it's ok.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: