Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 setup with no CUCM

We plan to use SX20 to conference 2 offices from different city using a private link with enough bandwidth and no firewall between, by the moment there is no CUCM available, no VCS, no TMS, etc. and I have 2 questions about H323 and SIP configurations:

- What it's the best way to configure SX20 devices??  Configure H323 profile as Gatekeeper mode or Direct??  What recommendations on any mode??

- How will I dial to each other??  By the IP address?

Running TC6.0.0

Any help will be appreciate it.

Regards,

Juan Carlos Arias

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So I won't have to configure any other option on H323 menu (Authentication, Gatekeeper and H323 Alias)??  Just like that??

Yes, to setup a basic call you dont have to configure anything else on H323 options.

So, the system information status about H323 and SIP will be always Inactive, right??

Yes, gatekeeper and SIP server status will be showed as inactive, that means you are not using any server to make calls. But the protocols are still enable, so you can use H323 do make call by dialing IP address normally.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

- What it's the best way to configure SX20 devices??  Configure H323 profile as Gatekeeper mode or Direct??  What recommendations on any mode??

Configure H323 as direct mode. This will allow you to dial IP address without using any server.

- How will I dial to each other??  By the IP address?

Yes, you will have to dial by using IP Address. You can use phonebook to avoid the user to have to decorate IP address.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Hi Paulo,

So I won't have to configure any other option on H323 menu (Authentication, Gatekeeper and H323 Alias)??  Just like that??

So, the system information status about H323 and SIP will be always Inactive, right??

Thanks for your comments.

Regards,

Juan Carlos Arias

Yes, to setup a basic call you dont have to configure anything else on H323 options.

Yes, gatekeeper and SIP server status will be showed as inactive, that means you are not using any server to make calls. But the protocols are still enable, so you can use H323 do make call by dialing IP address normally.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Ok Paulo, thank you very much for your time and comments.

Regards,

Juan Carlos Arias

Juan, you are welcome!

Paulo Souza