Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

connecting a mac to the office network through anyconnect vpn

One of our client's employees needs to remote into the office network. She has a mac running OS X (I believe). We set up SSL vpn anyconnect and she has a connection to the asa(5505). But she can't ping anything in the network past the asa and there's almost no packet flow (7 packets received, none sent or vice versa). Any suggestions?

5 Replies 5

Hardi Ahmed
Level 7
Level 7

She already has a vpn client (anyconnect) that connects to the asa, we've tested the setup on pcs and it worked fine. But for some reason, her mac (ver. 10.6.8) can't connect to anything past the asa. Is there anything I can do, short of purchasing new software, to get the mac connected to the server?

Hi,

if you are facing this issue only with the mac, you can do some basic troubleshooting on the mac, try to install the latest update of the Java Runtime, and  in the middle of the page, click the Free Java Download button, and in the next step

at the Licensing Agreement window, click the Agree and Download button, by then follow the prompts to install Java 7.

in the meantime verify that correctly you installed the cisco any connect on the mac.

in my opinion, there is no need to purchase any software, if you have a Cisco asa only you need to configure/activate the availabe services for the remote connection.

briefly you have two options: 1- Cisco VPN client, 2- Cisco SSL.

for you I prefer Cisco SSL, and your employee can use it and to access to the server from anywhere easly with no problem.

should let me know if you need anything else.

regards,

sayrmatics
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have an anyconnect setup which works happiliy with mac os x clients (ASA 9.0 AC 3.1, Mac 10.8.6)

Let me know if you need any help

Seyi

I found the problem, turns out it was the router settings. Somehow, the home router was set up to give out the same addresses as the office router and there was a conflict.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: