Views
Helpful
Replies

Query related to Telepresence QoS

tpengineer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Wonder if someone has experience on QoS configuration specific to CTS Telepresence and able to answer on my below query :

I am trying to understand how can we check the QoS configuration applied on CTS's :

- If I go to Telephony settings in CTS, it gives me :

DSCP For Audio: EF DSCP (101110)

DSCP For TelePresence: CS4(precedence 4) DSCP (100000)

I was under impression that CTS's get this settings from CUCM clusterwide setting option, but I came across another client CUCM where clusterwide setting was AF41 for video but CTS's still reflecting the above settings , any idea from where the CTS  derived these settings and how can we edit it.

The other question is , I was capturing the call statistics for a P2P call between two CTS's , I am trying to understand what these logs states :

2013-12-18 11:26:38: INFO Audio DSCP Current Marking: [BE], Previous Marking: [BE]

2013-12-18 11:26:38: INFO Audio COS Current Priority: [0], Previous Priority: [0]

2013-12-18 11:26:38: INFO Video DSCP Current Marking: [BE], Previous Marking: [BE]

2013-12-18 11:26:38: INFO Video COS Current Priority: [0], Previous Priority: [0]

Does it mean, that local CTS is running on QoS Best effort settings ? Both these above and below logs represent local CTS QoS Status or giving information about remote CTS QoS settings also ?

'cos when I go to log files, I get this information , but if I go to Call statistics for the same call, I get the below info :

Audio/Video Call: Audio Stream Statistics

Local : [IP Address removed]

Remote : [IP Address removed]

Average Latency (Call) 2

Average Latency (Period) 2

DSCP Current Marking: [BE]; Previous Marking: [CS4]

CoS Current Priority: [0]; Previous Priority: [4]

And, that's same for Video stream Statistics.

Can someone please try to shed some light on this and help me in understanding the actual behaviour .

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: