cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ask the Expert: Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX) Version 10.0 - Upgrade, Migration, and New Features Overview

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Read the bioWith Abhiram Kramadhati 

Welcome to the Cisco Support Community Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to learn and ask questions about the upgrade, migration methods, and new features of the latest released Version 10.0 of Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX) with Cisco expert Abhiram Kramadhati.

Abhiram will address the following on the latest release of Cisco UCCX Version 10.0:

• Installation
          • Upgrade from previous versions - both Linux and Windows   
          • Migration from MCS to Cisco UCS environment - Different methods and best practices
          • New features - Overview and limitations

This discussion will center on install and upgrade best practices, changes in hardware support, and migration methods from MCS to Cisco UCS. He can also briefly discuss the new features introduced in 10.0. The discussion focuses the latest versions, but queries about general Cisco UCCX topics can be addressed too if time allows.

Abhiram Kramadhati is an engineer with the Contact Center Backbone group. He has been working with Cisco UCCX since he joined Cisco. During two years at Cisco, he has built his expertise around Cisco UCCX telephony applications, Java Telephony API (JTAPI) integration, Cisco UCCX system behavior, LDAP components, and Cisco UCCX as IP interactive voice response in Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) environments. He also works on other technologies, including Unified Communications Manager and UCCE. He has been involved in many technical escalations in the Asia Pacific region. Abhiram also holds a CCIE in voice (40065).

For more details about this topic, refer to the recently published Tech-Talk Video and Blog.

Remember to use the rating system to let Abhiram know if you have received an adequate response. 

Abhiram might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Remember that you can continue the conversation in the Voice, Video, and Collaboration  community,  sub-community, Contact Center discussion forum shortly after the event. This event lasts through January 31, 2014. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

31 Replies 31

Anurag Siddhu
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Abhi,

I had some questions on this,

1:Is there change in DB architecture as CUIC is the only option as compared to previous linux version UCCX ?

2:Is there any version change for Linux OS used as VOS,

3:Is there any API architecture change in UCCX 10 from previous releases ?

4:Since from UCCX 10 , we can only use either CAD or Finnesse at one time, whats the impact of changing this after some time in production, let say , i used CAD for 2 months and then i decided to move to Finesse, whats the impact ? or is it a smooth change as switching CUIC and HRC in previoius release ?

5:Is 3rd Party UCS hardware supported by UCCX 10 instead of using Cisco manufactured UCS , can i use HP hardware for Virtualisation ?

6:Is Host name change supported?

Regards

Anurag Siddhu

Hi Anurag,

Thanks for your questions.

1:Is there change in DB architecture as CUIC is the only option as compared to previous linux version UCCX ?

I assume this is from the tables regarding historical data. The database schema essentially remains the same since UCCX 9.0 had CUIC too and we had a seperate DB Space for CUIC and we still continue with that. The traditional historical tables remain and the replication process remains the same too.

2:Is there any version change for Linux OS used as VOS,

The Linux version is Red Hat Linux 5. To be precise:

[root@uccx10pub /]# cat etc/redhat-release

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.7 (Tikanga)

3:Is there any API architecture change in UCCX 10 from previous releases ?

I can answer this more of an overview. The only enhancement in the API side is the introduction of REST API step in the script editor. You can now make REST calls from the script and this ofcourse opens up a whole new world of possiblities.

4:Since from UCCX 10 , we can only use either CAD or Finnesse at one  time, whats the impact of changing this after some time in production,  let say , i used CAD for 2 months and then i decided to move to Finesse,  whats the impact ? or is it a smooth change as switching CUIC and HRC  in previoius release ?

For the scenario you mentioned, there is absolutely no problem. The point to note is that the Finesse services are activated/deactivated but the CAD desktop services are ALWAYS running. The only condition to keep in mind is that you can use ONLY ONE type of agent desktop at any time.  Also if Finesse is not used and CAD operations are used extensively, it is advisable to shutdown the Finesse service.

5:Is 3rd Party UCS hardware supported by UCCX 10 instead of using Cisco manufactured UCS , can i use HP hardware for Virtualisation ?

Yes, it can be used. This is something called as "Third party specs based specification". The most important things seen for compatibility are:

• Inter CPU Model
  • It it is on thVMWare Hardware Compatibilty List

You can get more information about this on the "Can I use this server?" section of UC Virtualized Hardware page:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/UC_Virtualization_Supported_Hardware#.22Can_I_use_this_server.3F.22

6:Is Host name change supported?

Yes, the hostname change is supported. The prcocedure is documented in the UCCX 10.0 Administration Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_0/configuration/guide/UCCX_BK_W1AF9DDD_00_uccx-admin-guide-10.0.pdf (Pg 168)

Cheers,

Abhiram Kramadhati

Is CUIC now the only reporting engine?

david

Hi David, as far as I know, the answer is yes. For UCCX version 10 CUIC is the only reporting tool.

Gabriel.

Hi David,

Yes, UCCX 10.0 has CUIC as the single reporting solution. It was a phased approach where CUIC was introduced parallely with HRC in 9.0 and then moving to CUIC-only model in 10.0 so that customers have a chance to get accustomed to the reporting solution.

You can get details about changes in this area in our discussion:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/collaboration-voice-video/contact-center/blog/2014/01/06/3-community-tech-talk-uccx-100-new-feature-overview

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Abhiram Kramadhati

Hi Abhiram,

From your link, I was reading this:

Media Sense Recording:

• With UCCX 10.0(1), you can now use Media Sense to record your calls.
  • UCCX  is integrated with Media Sense so that a workflow can be configured to  send tagging information, while Media Sense depends on CUCM on recording  the media itself.

This workflow is just for tagging or can you create a workflow just to record calls that cross the UCCX server?

We use MediaSense to record calls for one of our customer's agents and then play them with a software developed by our software team, but the record profile that is created in CUCM records ALL calls to and from the agent's IP phone.

Gabriel

Hi Abhiram, I was reading the MediaSense part in the SRND 10, I got it now. Thank you.

Gabriel.

Hi Gabriel,

Yes you are right, the SRND talks about this (

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_0/design/guide/UCCX_BK_DF6A995E_00_design-guide.pdf). In summary:

• The Finesse API enables a particular call recording to be initiated from the Finesse desktop
  • Every session will utilise a license, configurable from the System Parameters page
  • The workflow action is used to send tagging information to the Media Sense server
  • The recording is stopped by CUCM when the call ends on the phone

Hope it helps!

Cheers,

Abhiram Kramadhati

Hi Abhiram

Can you tell me if 10.0 UCCX should be available to order on PUT? My customer requires +E164 CTI RP support?

I specifically mean IVR as CCX is available on PUT but IVR is not?

Thanks

Neil

Hi Neil,

UCCX 10.0 can be ordered via the PUT. Subsequent upgarde images will be available on cisco.com.

Your accounts manager should be able to give more information if needed, however please feel free to reach out to me in case you face any issues.

Cheers,

Abhiram Kramadhati

Hi Abhiram

I can't seem to find IVR 10.0 on PUT? Is there a delay of the release on 10.0. I have opened a Partner help case and they have given me the url below.

http://tools.cisco.com/gct/Upgrade/allUpgrades.do?allProducts=display

IVR is not listed for version 10.0?

Many Thanks

Neil

Hi Neil,

Thanks for pointing that out. I am not the best person to answer that, but let me clarify that for you. Just to be clear, you are on IPIVR license and you wish to order 10.0 UCCX, right? I see STD, ENH and PRE listed. I will confrm with the appropriate team and get back to you.

Cheers,

Abhiram Kramadhati

Hi Abhiram

Yes thats correct I have a IPIVR license.

Thanks again

Neil

Hi Neil,

I had a chat with the product team and yes, the IPIVR upgrade is yet to be released since it is pending on an internal action. However, it should be done very soon and I will let you know as soon as it is done.

Cheers,

Abhiram Kramadhati

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: