cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows Mobile 6 L2TP VPN

yuri.volkov
Level 1
Level 1

My new PDA has Windows Mobile 6 Classic operating system. As copyrights state, some IPSEC components were developed by Microsoft Corporation and Cisco Systems, Inc together. So, there shoud be no problems while establishing L2TP VPN connection to Cisco 2851 router. But something is wrong. Could anybody look at the log (vpn.txt) and find any clues? Thanks in advance!

4 Replies 4

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

From your log, you might be enabled port ACL , but Logging is not supported on port ACLs.

Actually, I don't understand how port ACL is related to inability of Windows Mobile 6 to establish L2TP VPN connection with Cisco router. With current configuration router works quite well with Windows XP and Windows Vista. But not with Windows Mobile 6. If I had had description of ISAKMP log messages I would have tried to fix it by myself. So, I asked community for help.

Hi, did you get to solve this problem?

I'm having the same problem with windows mobile, while XP and 2003 server are working fine.

Yes, we have solved this issue.

Windows Mobile 6 doesn't permit authentication by CHAP, it uses MS-CHAP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: