Views
Helpful
Replies

International Dial-Peer SRST

steigja
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

Is this the right format for a SRST dial-peer for international calling? It should match 011 and any number of digits then prefix the 011 on those digits correct? Because a dial-peer does not send matched digits? Thanks

dial-peer voice 803 pots

description International-SRST

preference 1

destination-pattern 8011T

direct-inward-dial

port 0/3/0:23

prefix 011

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If this is your entire configuration:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 8(011)T

port 0/0/0:23

On a pots dial peer, any number that is explicitly matched is automatically dropped. By adding parenthesis or in Paolo's example brackets, they are no longer 'explicitly' matched because we're tricking IOS. These numbers are now kept in the stream.

All three examples should work. Your example has 8011T, with a prefix of 011, which should do the same thing.

-nick

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can also use the following:

destination-pattern 8[0][1][1][1-9]......T

And do not configure prefix. But, it looks uglier in a way.

Remember to test the international calls because depending on the switch, you can have an issue with dial plan/type.

This is a slightly prettier version:

-nick

How do I stop the router from sending the 8 however? Do I do a forward digits 15? Thanks.

If this is your entire configuration:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

On a pots dial peer, any number that is explicitly matched is automatically dropped. By adding parenthesis or in Paolo's example brackets, they are no longer 'explicitly' matched because we're tricking IOS. These numbers are now kept in the stream.

All three examples should work. Your example has 8011T, with a prefix of 011, which should do the same thing.

-nick

I am unable to make international calls from my SRST Gateway that is tied to CUCM. My Dial-Peer looks like this:

dial-peer voice 9 pots
 description OUTGOING INTERNATIONAL PRI CALLS
 destination-pattern 9011T
 prefix 011

When I make the call, I get this on the debug:

HBMLTRTRP01(config-dial-peer)#
032656: May  1 14:08:49.938: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x1AFD
        Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2
                Standard = CCITT
                Transfer Capability = Speech  
                Transfer Mode = Circuit
                Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s
        Channel ID i = 0xA98396
                Exclusive, Channel 22
        Calling Party Number i = 0x2181, '8007198080'
                Plan:ISDN, Type:National
        Called Party Number i = 0x91, '01161396694916'
                Plan:ISDN, Type:International
032657: May  1 14:08:50.050: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q931: RX <- RELEASE_COMP pd = 8  callref = 0x9AFD
        Cause i = 0x809C - Invalid number format (incomplete number)
HBMLTRTRP01(config-dial-peer)#

I spoke with Telco and they said it is because I am sending the call out as International and I need send the calls out at "Uknown' Plan Type. I am not aware of how I would be telling it to go out as a certain type. Any direction is appreciated. We are on CUCM 8.62 and 2921 SRST Gateway

Telco is correct. This is an old bug that cisco won't fix. You can use a translation profile and rule, or "isdn map . unknown" under interface.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: