Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.5.....Unable to see devices on the other side of the firewall

parvs_cmc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are using LMS 2.5.1.I have added my Pix firewall in DCR & also added pix firewall's IP as seed device.Still I am unable to see devices on the other side of the firewall.In the Campus Manager Pix Firewall is shown as unconnected device.

Please help.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

miheg
Level 5
Level 5

I assume SNMP connectivity to the devices behind the firewall is fine?

You probably need to define a seed device behind the firewall as CDP probably doesn't pass the firewall.

Cheers,

Michel

This is true, remember that CDP is layer 2 and won't pass through the firewall

I understand VMS is used for managing PIX. But Is it possible to enable snmp on PIX and collect snmp traps and logging from pix on a LMS server.I am trying this snmp string etc is configured properly but it is not discovering pix.

pls suggest

Do you also have an snmp-server host configured on the PIX which has the IP address of the LMS server? Need this in addition to the snmp comm string for LMS to manage it

Hi Davi,

Thx for your email. Yes I have configured snmp-server host configured on PIX with the string. Moreover I have checked on pix by

debug packet inside src any dst udp

it tells me that pix inside is sending something to LMS srv on port 162. But don't know why lms srv is not showing that. Also the logging is enabled on pix.

162 are snmp traps, probably sending these, but LMS is not a trap receiver for PIX

Any traffic on UDP 161 or 514 between the server and PIX?

I have got it working as it is !!

Just that we have to manually add PIX Firewall in LMS at

RME > Device Mgmt > RME Devices > Add Devices

It is showing PIX config as well.