Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to import PKCS12 certificate file to ACE module

UHansen1976
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm currently in the process of replacing my CSS-appliances with the ACE module. So far everything's been smooth, but when I'm trying to import a certificate file to the respective context using the "crypto import"-command, ACE can't recognize the filetype, it's just marked as UNKNOWN. On the CSS I had to specify PKCS12 as the fileformat, but this is apparently not an options on the ACE. Does anyone know the equivalent commmand on how to import a PKCS12-file to the ACE?

Thankx

/Ulrich

PS! I haven't created a cert chaingroup, as I was told this would not be necessary.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ciscocsoc
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Ulrich,

Short answer is you cannot import PKCS12 format. You'll need to extract the component parts into PEM format outside of the ACE and then use crypto import.

You will also need a chaingroup unless this is a self-signed certificate. Again any intermediate and root certificates will need to be in PEM format.

HTH

Cathy

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ciscocsoc
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Ulrich,

Short answer is you cannot import PKCS12 format. You'll need to extract the component parts into PEM format outside of the ACE and then use crypto import.

You will also need a chaingroup unless this is a self-signed certificate. Again any intermediate and root certificates will need to be in PEM format.

HTH

Cathy

Hi Cathy,

Thanks a lot.

/Ulrich