cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Needing a business email to join Insider Groups?

jdkoopa-network
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

This is more of a want than an ask. I have been using my personal email for accounts with Cisco for some time. Nothing extensive and no purchasing done with it as it is used primarily for training and education. Seems you need to use your business email to request access to the other Insider Community Groups? (see screenshot - shows other tracks locked) I could not apply with my personal email address, rather it said I should not as it would delay process and personal was "not allowed". I ended up using my business which is fine, but I do like using a personal account for things given switching jobs also means switching emails. I have other email accounts with other domains as well because of that and I understand why that is. But I do wish I can keep insider groups also with personal as that will stay with me for all time.

JeremyDeBlois_0-1699022722677.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

MoniqueR
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jdkoopa-network ,

The Cisco Insider User Group is an exclusive program for Cisco customers and partners. To qualify for this program, you must register using your company email address, which we will verify for qualification purposes. If you prefer to use an alternate email address, you can list it as an option, but please note that your company email address will still be required for most virtual or in-person session registrations.

After reviewing your account, I would like to discuss your membership with you. Could you please email me so that we can work on your unique situation?

Thank you,

Monique 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

MoniqueR
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jdkoopa-network ,

The Cisco Insider User Group is an exclusive program for Cisco customers and partners. To qualify for this program, you must register using your company email address, which we will verify for qualification purposes. If you prefer to use an alternate email address, you can list it as an option, but please note that your company email address will still be required for most virtual or in-person session registrations.

After reviewing your account, I would like to discuss your membership with you. Could you please email me so that we can work on your unique situation?

Thank you,

Monique 

Hi @MoniqueR ,

Thanks for the very quick reply!! Understand if that is for partners and customers. As stated, I did apply with my current work email address and we'll see how that goes. I was only asking for personal related access given it is nice to have one account that I can call "my own" and get the resources needed.

What happens when you change organizations? All of the history on the previously used Community ID is lost as one is forced to use a new Email ID and start the process all over again?

Regards

Wilson Samuel