cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connections between routers not functioning

John Anderson
Level 4
Level 4

I recently installed the CML demo. I am able to create and activate topologies, but it seems like there is no actual functioning connection between nodes. The interfaces are up, CDP is enabled, but I can't get pings or CDP through.

Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello John,

Thanks for your reply...

I think you have done the configuration manually... i have checked the attached file it shows multiple AUSCE3845-01 router configuration. please confirm which is the latest configuration of AUSCE3845-01.

can you try to configure with AutoNetKit and launch the simulation then try to ping.

- Vidyasagar.

View solution in original post

Thanks again. I ended up scrapping that topology and recreating from scratch. For some reason the connections worked the second time.

John

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

vpandill
Level 1
Level 1

Hi John, can I know process which you fallowed for creating and activating topology? and which IP you are trying to ping?

- Vidyasagar.

Hello Vidyasagar,

Thanks for responding. I just attached the virl file in question if that helps.

I created the topology through the editor on OSX, and then did the connections between each router in the GUI.

I then no shut the interfaces and added IPs via the console. I'm trying to ping between AUSCE6509-01 and AUSCE3845-01, 10.1.254.17 and 10.1.254.18

Thanks again.

Hello John,

Thanks for your reply...

I think you have done the configuration manually... i have checked the attached file it shows multiple AUSCE3845-01 router configuration. please confirm which is the latest configuration of AUSCE3845-01.

can you try to configure with AutoNetKit and launch the simulation then try to ping.

- Vidyasagar.

Thanks again. I ended up scrapping that topology and recreating from scratch. For some reason the connections worked the second time.

John

i've gad this a couple of times, either rebuild or in some cases i've seen a shut no shut work. 

also seen dot1q and cryto issues on csr images, changed nic to e1000 in image settings and seemed to fix.