Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCE zip tone

atoxet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a PCCE 12.6. We use Auto answer with zip tone for our agents. But many of them reported that the tone is too soft and quick that they often miss it, especially when they are busy with other tasks.

Do you know if we can change the zip tone to some other louder and longer sound? I don't know where/which file the zip tone is.

Thanks,

Hiep.

6 Replies 6

The notification tone is based on what you have set up in UCM.

You might find it easier/better to instead use (if possible) agent whisper or agent greeting and solves two problems at once, gives them notification and saves the agent from doing their introduction dozens of times a day.

Hi Bill,

Is it the same tone we heard when we set Auto Answer with headset in CUCM directory number?

I tried to use Auto Answer with headset, but the tone I can hear is louder "beep beep", while the tone agent heard is a quick and soft "beep" only.

So, I doubted myself.

We also tried to use Agent whisper (with that option, we can use any audio that we prefer), but I will want to find out more about the zip tone option.

Thanks,

Hiep.

You can do the UCM generated tone, but agent greeting is the feature where agent records their greeting and it plays when every call comes in. No zip tone is needed then, since agent will hear their own voice for a few seconds "Hi, this is _____, how may I help you". Increases agent satisfaction typically and gives you notification that call has arrived.

PCinPDX00
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue but our agents use wireless headsets that may not make the base to headset connection quick enough, causing the zip tone to not be heard.  We also use Agent Greeting and Whisper Announcement for inbound calls, which works, but there are issues with using either when there is a callback.  We would like to pursue using a longer zip tone to overcome the headset issue. 

Any insights would be appreciated.

I know in the past you couldn't upload a custom UCM tone, not sure if that has changed.
I saw this post previously were you could change the behavior of some of the tones by basically hacking the configuration/length of them repeating, but wouldn't be something supported by Cisco of course.
You may have better luck searching/asking in the UCM forum if the Tone on Connect can be customized/adjusted? If you do find it, though, please post it here.
https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications-infrastructure/monitoring-recording-notification-tone-interval/td-p/3064812

If the Agent greeting feature of UCCE does not solves your requirement because of issue "when there is a callback" -- then you can check out the custom application MARS Agent Greeting which plays out automated greeting for both inbound and outbound/callback calls.

https://developer.cisco.com/ecosystem/cpp/solutions/181073/