cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What Information SMA Collect from ESA?

Joehard
Level 1
Level 1

I need confirmation for what exactly SMA collect from ESA. Do SMA collect all information in Monitoring menu of ESA? What I mean is all of this menu:

Joehard_0-1705990299174.png

Do SMA only collect information from the incoming mail, sender groups, sender domain reputation, - outbreak filters, or all of them including virus types, URL Filtering, and others?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

betliu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

SMA shows aggregated information from individual or multiple ESA so that you can monitor your email traffic patterns and security risks. You can run reports in real-time to view an interactive display of system activity over a specific period of time, or you can schedule reports and run them at regular intervals. Reporting functionality also allows you to export raw data to a file.

This feature centralizes the reports listed under the Monitor menu of the ESA.

The Centralized Email Reporting feature not only generates high-level reports, allowing you to understand what is happening on their network, but it also allows you to drill down and see traffic details for a particular domain, user, or category.

The Centralized Tracking feature allows you to track email messages that traverse multiple ESAs.

This is what SMA>Monitor menu looks like (I just took part of the screen for your reference):

betliu_0-1711026866485.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

betliu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

SMA shows aggregated information from individual or multiple ESA so that you can monitor your email traffic patterns and security risks. You can run reports in real-time to view an interactive display of system activity over a specific period of time, or you can schedule reports and run them at regular intervals. Reporting functionality also allows you to export raw data to a file.

This feature centralizes the reports listed under the Monitor menu of the ESA.

The Centralized Email Reporting feature not only generates high-level reports, allowing you to understand what is happening on their network, but it also allows you to drill down and see traffic details for a particular domain, user, or category.

The Centralized Tracking feature allows you to track email messages that traverse multiple ESAs.

This is what SMA>Monitor menu looks like (I just took part of the screen for your reference):

betliu_0-1711026866485.png