Views
Helpful
Replies

Access point support for a Cisco 7921 IP Phone

doreskicisco1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick question or possibly confirmation regarding the Cisco 7921 IP Phone. I am wanting the purchase the mentioned IP Phone however, the documentation/data sheet doesnt indicate support for a Cisco Aironet 1041 Access Point, which I have. It seems that the  IP Phone has support for older access points, however, not the 1041. Just wondering if someone can possibly confirm this for me?

Note: The 1041 access point that I have is not the LAP version (no controller card), just the stand alone access point (AP).

Thanks in advance.

Dennis.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Dennis

I see no reason why it shouldn't work. The 7921 should work with any WiFi compliant IEEE 802.11b/g access point (both Cisco and otherwise).

Please be aware that the 7921 is now end of sale.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/ps7071/end_of_life_notice_c51-682734.html

Replacement is the 7925.

HTH. Barry

View solution in original post

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
the documentation/data sheet doesnt indicate support for a Cisco Aironet 1041 Access Point, which I have.

WAP 1040 will support 7921.  IT's not stated because no one bothered raising this issue with Cisco (use the "Feedback" link found in the lower left-hand corner).  Cisco documentation team are normally very quick to respond (within 3 hours) by sending you an email just to clarify what your complaint is all about.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Dennis

I see no reason why it shouldn't work. The 7921 should work with any WiFi compliant IEEE 802.11b/g access point (both Cisco and otherwise).

Please be aware that the 7921 is now end of sale.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/ps7071/end_of_life_notice_c51-682734.html

Replacement is the 7925.

HTH. Barry

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
the documentation/data sheet doesnt indicate support for a Cisco Aironet 1041 Access Point, which I have.

WAP 1040 will support 7921.  IT's not stated because no one bothered raising this issue with Cisco (use the "Feedback" link found in the lower left-hand corner).  Cisco documentation team are normally very quick to respond (within 3 hours) by sending you an email just to clarify what your complaint is all about.