cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Called Name Display problem when placing SIP-to-SIP calls.

Hi, all!

I have an interesting problem.
In my setup a have CUCME running on 2811 (12.4.24T3 ADVIP) connected to Avaya SES by the SIP trunk.
Here is the scheme.
(SCCP Phone)--- CUCME === SIP Trunk === Avaya --- (Avaya Phone)
SCCP Phones connected to CUCME and Avaya IP Phones (for instance 1608) connected to Avaya.
I have Caller-ID on both Cisco and Avaya Phones when I place a call between sites. All other things working fine too, except one thing.
When I place a call from Cisco to Avaya I would like to see Called Name on display of Cisco Phone, but instead I can see only Called number.
The same problem when I am placing call from Avaya to Cisco.

Here`s example:
Cisco Phone --- ext. 4084 name Alex
Avaya Phone --- ext. 4015 name John
Place a call from Cisco to Avaya. Avaya Phone ringing, display correctly displays name "Alex". But I want Cisco Phone to display name "John" rather than "4015" during call setup.
When placing a call from Avaya to Cisco the same thing happens.

I sniffed call flow and here is the result for call from Cisco to Avaya.
1. Cisco sends INVITE to Avaya and there is an Remote-Party-ID header with all information about extension 4084 including a name.
2. Avaya sends 100 Trying
3. Avaya sends 180 Ringing. There is no header Remote-Party-ID but there is a P-Asserted-Identity header with all information about extension 4015 including a name.

So, I wonder why Cisco do not use this header to display a name of extension 4015 on Cisco Phone during call setup?
Ok, I decided to send P-Asserted-Identity to Avaya instead of Remote-Party-ID, command is:
!
voice service voip
sip
  asserted-id pai
!
But this does not solve a problem, it only inserted P-Asserted-Identity in SIP messages from Cisco.

If you know how to solve a problem, please provide a solution.
I will be grateful for the help.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Any ideas?

CUBE does not support PAI headers in 1xx responses today. There is an enhancement request filed for this: CSCtf81218

Thanks,

Pashmeen

OLD POST BUT I HAVE SIMILAR PROBLEM BETWEEN CUCM AND CME.

I CAN SEE THE NAME WHEN CALL IS CONNECTED. BUT WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE NAME WHEN CALL IS RINGING ? DOES CUBE SUPPORT IT

THanks

Haris