Views
Helpful
Replies

Company phonebook via CME

njeaton999
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Forum,

We have Exchange 2007 with a wealth of client contact details. How do we start making these online to our 7960/7970 CME connected phones? Any pointers?

br

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have the numbers in AD?

We have developed a small directory application that lets you access AD from a service on the phone.

Another way is click-to-dial with the TAPI client on the PC:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_example09186a008052c98b.shtml

hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi,

We could put the numbers (many of which are external to our company) into a Global Address book - would that help? Interested to learn more about your application. br

Well with an application to interface AD or other directory service, you would search and access the numbers from a service similar to "local directory". All really depends on you would like things to work.

Having considered it, it seems the best to provide a menu service (as the directory URL is not phone specific), in which there is access to both i) Exchange Global Directory, and ii) an Exchange User's contacts. That means users have the best of both worlds. My thoughts are that the latter could be linked to the extension number, which I guess would have to be input manually. What would be your thoughts?

Sorry, I could really understand what do you mean, beside I'm not familiar with micrsoft architecture.

All what I know is that using a small .ASP module, if the contact is present in AD, it can be searched from the phone.

Well - we could try the .asp app - and possibly try to enhance it in return. We do have SqlServer skills, which might help. br

Will post the link once I get it copied to a public space. It has been written by a colleague, his first cisco phone dev :)