Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM6.1(2) "Corporate Directory" only shows users Device Profile DN's

andy_vvc2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

On our older CallManager 3.3 , whenever we deployed a new Directory Number (DN) it would appear in the Corporate Directory. If we applied the DN to a:

Device > Phone

Device > Device Profile

User

The DN would then appear as searchable (with the relevant Description details) in the Corp Dir on the IP phones.

On CUCM6.1(2) i can ONLY see users profiles listed with their associated DN's. Im not able to see ANY of our phones where we have 'fixed' a DN against them (ie 7935s which we dont use for Ext Mob thus dont use profiles, thus the DN is set against the actual "Device" > "Phone" on line 1)

Any ideas? This seems really odd ? Can i get the DN's that we have used elsewhere to show in the Corp Directory in any way? It seems really odd that i CANT see any of our 7935's etc listed, only user profiles !

Rgds

3 Replies 3

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

This is because in UCM 6 the corporate directory is pulled from you end user database. If you are LDAP synchronized then you have to have a user in Active Directory that you want synchronized over to the Directory in UCM. If you are not LDAP integrated then just create a user in End user management and assign a dn.

We aren't LDAP integrated :o(

With regards to the various 7935 'Conference' phones that we have setup already under "Device" > "Phone" - do i therefore now need to add these as *users* too ?

ie - add an existing 7935 phones details ("1234 Room 3 Conference phone") to the "User Management" > "End User" location too ??

This seems a shade mad ? Is this the only way to get these devices to appear in the directory? We have about 300 of them ! :o(

Rgds

Yes, for these to show up in your corporate directory you need to have them added as end users. The only thing I can say is to use BAT.